Top row, from left: Alex Hoffman, Sophia Wirth, Tyler Bowders, Poulami Banerji
Bottom row, from left: Abby Dunn, Caroline Ladzinski, Molly Kepner, Sarah Preston

Meet your Student Government candidates

The spring Student Government elections will determine next year’s president, vice president, comptroller and secretary, as well as the presidents and boards for class and school councils. As an organization, SG is the main advocate for undergraduate students to AU administrators, and also works to bring programming and events to students, according to its website.

Voting for the elections will be on April 1 and 2, and the results will be announced the night of April 2. All undergraduate students who are enrolled full time are eligible to vote.

Here is the full list of candidates currently on the ballot for the upcoming election. Click on the name of the candidate to view their profile, or click on the position to read about all of the candidates.

President

The SG president is responsible for acting as the lead voice for students to AU administrators. He or she also oversees the various initiatives within the presidential cabinet, most notably the Women’s Initiative and the Student Advocacy Center.

Sophia Wirth
Tyler Bowders
Poulami Banerji
Alex Hoffman

Vice President

The vice president of SG is in charge of programming. He or she also supervises the Student Union Board (SUB), the Kennedy Political Union (KPU) and Founder’s Day.

Molly Kepner
Caroline Ladzinski

Secretary

The secretary is charged with overseeing all communications and outreach within SG. She or he also oversees the four departments within the secretary’s cabinet, including Communications, Outreach and Recruitment, Design and Information Technology.

Sarah Preston

Comptroller

The comptroller is charged with overseeing all finances for SG and advocating for students’ financial needs. He or she is also responsible for the AUTO program providing low cost vans to student groups, and Bike Lending, which lends students bikes for free.

Abby Dunn

Class Council

Class council is in charge of raising money for a class gift to be given in their senior year.

Class of 2015 President
CJ Murphy

Class of 2017 President
Andrew Graham

School Council

School council represents their respective school and is in charge of organizing events for their school.

Undergraduate Business Association President
Heidi Friedrich