CJ Murphy

Class of 2015 president

Correction appended

School of Public Affairs junior CJ Murphy said she hopes to improve class unity and fundraising.

“As we leave American, it is important to have a network that we can turn back to,” she said.

Murphy is the only student running for Class of 2015 President, but if elected she plans on appointing a vice president, secretary and treasurer. Murphy said filling these positions was important to accurately represent the class.

“Class council should represent the entire class, not just one person,” Murphy said.

Murphy aims to continue co-sponsored blood drives with campus group Red is in the Rainbow, a club which seeks to bring awareness to anti-LGBTQ Food and Drug Administration policies.

Murphy has been involved in class council since freshman year and wants to continue fundraising efforts for the senior class gift. The class gift is a way for seniors to give back to AU, Murphy said.

Murphy is captain of the AU cheer team and hopes to attend law school after graduation.

sntahobari@theeagleonline.com

A previous version of the story used “he” to describe CJ Murphy. It has been corrected to “she.”