District Of Cinema - Cover Art-02.png

District of Cinema Episode 20: Analyzing the Oscars — Part 2

The trio divulges their hottest takes and largest qualms as they look through the nominees for the 94th Academy Awards

Tristan, Koz and Spenser take another look at the nominees for the upcoming 2022 Oscars. They talk about esteemed editor Hank Corwin, the bristling of Peter's comb in "The Power of the Dog" and the various incendiary oversights of the Academy. As always, emotions run high and tirades ensue.

Don't Look Up, Dune (2021), Encanto, Parallel Mothers, The Power of the Dog, There Will Be Blood, Bee Movie, Belfast, No Time to Die, West Side Story (2021), Cruella, Cyrano, Nightmare Alley, CODA, Being the Ricardos, The Trial of the Chicago 7, The Lost Daughter, King Richard, Hamilton, Cats, Passing, Lazy Town, tick, tick...BOOM!, The Tragedy of Macbeth, Drive My Car, Moonlight, La La Land, The Eyes of Tammie Faye, Spencer, Licorice Pizza, The Piano, Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, Summer of Soul (...Or, When the Revolution Could Not Be Televised), Zola, C'mon C'mon, Red Rocket, Vice, The Worst Person in the World, Selena.

This episode was produced by Chloe Irwin.

tau@theeagleonline.com, okozlevcar@theeagleonline.com and shoover@theeagleonline.com

Still mourning that one show that was cancelled before you could see how it ends? Couch Potatoes co-hosts Sara Winick and Sydney Hsu have you covered as they discuss all the series that shouldn't have ended when they did.