Sunday, June 16, 2024
District Of Cinema - Cover Art-02.png

District of Cinema Episode 19: Analyzing the Oscars — Part 1

The gang dives into their 2022 Oscar predictions and opinions on the nominees

Tristan, Koz and Spenser discuss the happy surprises, numerous snubs, and laughable gaffs of the 2022 Oscar nominees. Topics discussed include the need for greater documentary and short film distribution, Lin Manuel Miranda, Suicide Squad, prosthetics, the challenges of adapting screenplays and much more. "Don't Look Up Fans" be warned: this episode is not for you.

Films Referenced: Dune (2021), Free Guy, No Time to Die, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Spider-Man: No Way Home, Bicycle Thieves, Vertigo, Rear Window, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Blade Runner 2049, Nightmare Alley (2021), The Power of the Dog, The Tragedy of Macbeth, West Side Story (2021), The French Dispatch, The Green Knight, Drive My Car, Flee, The Hand of God, Lunana: A Yak in the Classroom, The Worst Person in the World, Encanto, Summer of Soul (...Or, When the Revolution Could Not Be Televised), Ascencion, Attica, Writing with Fire, Luca, The Mitchells vs the Machines, Raya and the Last Dragon, Coming 2 America, Cruella, The Eyes of Tammy Faye, House of Gucci, Sucide Squad, Don't Look Up, King Richard, tick, tick...BOOM!, The Lost Daughter, Belfast, Licorice Pizza, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, Step Brothers, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, The Revenant, The Departed, Phantom Thread, CODA, Dune (1984)

This episode was produced by Chloe Irwin.

tau@theeagleonline.com, okozlevcar@theeagleonline.com and shoover@theeagleonline.com

In this grand finale, hosts Sydney Hsu and Sara Winick say their goodbyes and give updated lists of their current favorite shows. Listen along and compare the new lists to those from the very first episode! 

To all the loyal listeners, it has been a great run, but all good things must come to an end. However, just like some of your favorite TV shows, a second season is never truly out of the question.