Sunday, June 16, 2024
BTS Tenleytown

Burger Tap & Shake closes in Tenleytown

Popular burger joint has one remaining location in Foggy Bottom

Local burger restaurant and bar Burger Tap & Shake closed its Tenleytown location June 3 after originally opening in 2015.

David Wizenberg, the principal of the company, said in a statement via email that the company found it “necessary” to close the location after running an operation that was “difficult to sustain.”

“It is unfortunate that we found it necessary to close Burger, Tap & Shake in Tenleytown,” Wizenberg said. “We cherish the relationships we formed in the Tenleytown area especially those with our neighbors, Wilson High School students as well as those at American University.”

Located near the Tenleytown Metro stop and an AU shuttle stop, the restaurant was frequented by many AU students, some of whom expressed sadness on social media when they heard the announcement.

The restaurant offered draft beer at a discount of $3 for its last two open days. Wizenberg said via email that “fans” of the restaurant should visit the remaining Foggy Bottom location on Washington Circle.

emartin@theeagleonline.com and ggeorge@theeagleonline.com

In this grand finale, hosts Sydney Hsu and Sara Winick say their goodbyes and give updated lists of their current favorite shows. Listen along and compare the new lists to those from the very first episode! 

To all the loyal listeners, it has been a great run, but all good things must come to an end. However, just like some of your favorite TV shows, a second season is never truly out of the question.