Where to eat during D.C.’s restaurant week

Metropolitan Washington Winter Restaurant Week offers special dining deals Jan. 30 through Feb. 5

The week is finally here when the Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington gives college students access to the elite dining rooms of D.C. that we usually reserve for when relatives are in town. From Jan. 30 through Feb. 5, restaurants throughout D.C. and its suburbs are offering special tasting menus for a (relatively) affordable price. Dine across the city with $22 brunch and lunch specials and $35 dinner menus, not including beverages. Make your reservations quickly!

We’ve compiled a list of some must try restaurants, so you can make the most of this food centric celebration.

Jaleo Bethesda

Jaleo is one of many Chef Jose Andres’ restaurants that bring lively dining experiences through sharing plates. Lunch specials include “patatas bravas,” fried potatoes with spicy tomato sauce and alioli and “lomo de cerdo con salsa de queso Valdeón,” pork loin with roasted onion and a Spanish blue cheese sauce.

Dinner items include “pan con tomate”, toasted slices of uniquely crispy and ethereal bread brushed with fresh tomato and “Chorizo con salsa de ajillo,” house-made traditional chorizo with garlic sauce and mashed potatoes. Jaleo’s other two locations are in downtown D.C. and Crystal City with slight variations of this menu.

Where: 722 Woodmont Avenue, Bethesda

Metro: Bethesda, Red Line

Lia’s

Chef Geoff’s sister restaurant, Lia’s, is serving up brunch, lunch and dinner this restaurant week. Wake up your weekend with their three course brunch of one starter salad, one entree and one dessert. Enjoy their regular menu items, like pizzas, burgers, and entrees during their lunch and dinner three course meals. Start off with a trio of bruschetta, starter, soup or starter salad followed by an entree and a dessert. Not into traveling? Chef Geoff’s on New Mexico Ave. also has menu specials this week!

Where: 4435 Willard Avenue, Chevy Chase

Metro: Friendship Heights, Red Line

Firefly

This American style restaurant has quite the twist on their menu-- think jalapeno corn bread and lemon ricotta pancakes for brunch and a grilled cheese stuffed with applewood smoked bacon, brie, fuji apples and fig mostarda. You can find these and more during Firefly’s restaurant week brunch, lunch and dinner.

Where: 1310 New Hampshire AVe. NW

Metro: Dupont Circle, Red Line

Filomena Ristorante

Want to know where the Washington elite dine on authentic Italian? Yes, it has traditional ravioli, lasagna and caprese salad, but every dish is crafted in this family owned establishment’s kitchen. For the lasagna, fresh pasta sheets are baked with creamy ricotta and mozzarella cheeses and mixed with a beef, veal and vegetable bolognese sauce. During restaurant week, you can choose from fresh pasta dishes with a starter and a dessert for both lunch and dinner.

Where: 1063 Wisconsin Avenue

Metro: Foggy Bottom, Blue Line

Co Co. Sala

Head over to this chocolate centric restaurant for the dinner of your dreams. Start off with a hot co co. shooter and finish the meal with what they're known for- chocolate! Dessert options include the chocolate onyx with dark chocolate mousse, vanilla creme brulee, salted caramel, crispy chocolate pearls, brownie, chocolate sorbet and a cinnamon toffee bon bon.

Where: 929 F St. NW

Metro: Metro Center, Red Line

Sushi Taro

Looking for quality sushi that isn’t going to break the bank? Sushi Taro is an excellent option for a downtown destination that has delicious sushi and fresh fish dishes. The restaurant week menu isn’t available online, but the three course menu and pricing is the same for all restaurants.

Where: 1503 17th St NW

Metro: Dupont Circle

aweg@theeagleonline.com