The Weekend Scene: Oct. 2-4

As fall approaches, the people of D.C. celebrate the season with beer festivals, food tastings and other forms of entertainment for the whole family to enjoy. Get out now and enjoy what the District has to offer before snow starts falling and work piles up.

Wunder Garten pop-up beer garden

For one weekend, you can celebrate Oktoberfest at Wunder Garten. The pop-up festival offers a full German beer garden paired with Bavarian musicians, games and other activities. Highlights of the event include oompah music from the Edelweiss band, yard games, beer stein competition, relay races and maybe even some yodelers, according to the event website. Tickets are required for entrance into the beer garden and are exclusively sold for those who are 21+.

When: Oct. 2 through Oct. 4, various hours

Where: 150 M St. NE

Metro: NoMa-Gallaudet U Station, Red Line

D.C. VegFest 2015

D.C. VegFest is more than a vegetarian food festival. Along with the 25 plus food vendors, the festival will also include more than 30 nonprofit organizations, 50 commercial vendors, music and cooking demonstrations. At last year’s festival, attendees lined down the street for delicious samples, so this year’s event is sure to be a great way to spend your Saturday afternoon. Event highlights include bites from Native Foods Cafe and Sticky Fingers Bakery.

When: Oct. 3, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Where: Intersection of N and 1st streets NE

Metro: Navy Yard/ Ballpark Station, Orange and Green Lines

22nd Annual Taste of Georgetown

At the 22nd Annual Taste of Georgetown, attendees can enjoy the flavors of Georgetown’s 30 best restaurants along with craft beers and a wine garden. The festival takes over the most iconic streets of Georgetown and benefits the Georgetown Ministry Center, an organization that serves the homeless. The event will feature eateries such as Georgetown Cupcakes, Baked & Wired, Clyde’s of Georgetown and Old Glory BBQ.

When: Oct. 3, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Where: K Street NW between Wisconsin Avenue and Thomas Jefferson Street

Bus: 30N, 30S, 31, 33

aweg@theeagleonline.com