TheWeekendScene

The Weekend Scene: Sept. 18-20

Grab your fall jackets and head downtown for some of the city’s best and tastiest weekend activities. D.C.’s streets are filled with cultural events, food festivals and art vendors for everyone to enjoy. So whether you’re shopping for a gift to send home or want to try some free food, D.C. is full of things to do.

Celebrate Logan: A Taste of 14th

The Logan Circle neighborhood will bring together its Taste of 14th street festival this weekend to raise money for poorer neighborhoods in the area. Local restaurants will have menu tastings, and local businesses will have information booths at the neighborhood celebration. The event takes place along 14th Street and includes delicious drinks and perfectly created food samples.

When: Saturday, Sept. 19, 2:00 p.m.

Where: Along 14th Street

Metro: U Street/African-American Civil War Memorial Station, Yellow and Green Lines

H Street Festival

H Street will celebrate the 10th annual H Street Festival, which will include ten blocks of activities, performances, restaurants and vendors. More than 175 local restaurants, vendors and food trucks will serve up delicious treats to enjoy with musical and cultural performances. The festival will also encompass a Tea Cup Ride, food eating contests, art sellers and a fitness zone, which will include free yoga and fitness sessions throughout the day.

When: Saturday, Sept. 19, 12:00 p.m.

Where: H Street between 4th Street and 14th Street

Metro: Union Station, Red Line

Backyard Beerfest

The Arlington Backyard Beer Festival is one of the most unique outdoor events offered in the D.C. area. The festival offers tastings of over 60 craft beers, food trucks, live entertainment and backyard games, but is exclusively 21 and over, obviously.

When: Saturday, Sept. 19, 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.

Where: Rosslyn Gateway Park, 1300 Lee Highway, Arlington

Metro: Rosslyn, Blue, Orange and Silver Lines

Alexandria King Street Art Festival

Old Town Alexandria is an attractive spot for a day of delicious food, cultural visual arts and a nice view of the Potomac waterfront. The 12th annual King Street Art Festival will create an outdoor gallery along the streets of Old Town Alexandria. Over six blocks of King Street will showcase artwork from over 200 artists from the U.S. and abroad.

When: Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 19 and Sept. 20, 10 a.m.

Where: King Street, Alexandria

Metro: King Street, Red and Yellow Lines

Fiesta DC

A two-day event showcasing Hispanic heritage, Fiesta DC includes the Parade of Nations on Saturday and a full festival of Hispanic culture on Sunday. The parade will host dance groups, music, floats and performances. The festival features vendors, exhibits and live performances all celebrating hispanic culture.

When: Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 19, 1:00 p.m. and Sept. 20, 11:00 a.m.

Where Saturday: Constitution Avenue from 7th Street to 14th Street

Where Sunday: Pennsylvania Avenue

Metro: Archives, Green and Yellow Lines

aweg@theeagleonline.com

Follow @ArielleWeg

!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)?'http':'https';if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+'://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js';fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document, 'script', 'twitter-wjs');