SG announces Founder’s Day Ball location

Clarification appended

Student Government announced on Jan. 21 Founder’s Day Ball will be held at The Donald W. Reynolds Center for American Art and Portraiture.

The ball will be held on Feb. 22, which was announced via social media on Jan. 7.

Cipriano said the Reynolds Center has the largest capacity of any previous Founder’s Day Ball location and is easily accessible to students because it is located on the Metro red line in Chinatown.

“The Reynolds Center is really easy to get to…and has gorgeous spaces,” Cipriano said.

SG will be providing a bus service to and from Founder’s Day Ball, according to Finn.

Preparations for the event have begun since former Vice President Julia Reinstein and Founder’s Week Director Abigail Finn took office in May, according to
SG Secretary Rosemary Cipriano.

Tickets will be disbursed over the course of a week in person, according to Cipriano. Each day 100 tickets will be distributed at different times to accommodate students’ schedules.

SG considered holding Founder’s Day Ball at the Newseum and other Smithsonian locations, but the Newseum was beyond their budget and the Reynolds Center was more accessible, FInn said.

sntahobari@theeagleonline.com

A former version of this article said tickets will be sold, instead of distributed. The tickets will be free to AU students.