Eagle rants

Today's top rant: I was nearly hit by a car on my way to school on Friday. Neither of the buses I take to campus were running and the sidewalks were un-shoveled, so I had to walk three miles in the right lane of Nebraska Avenue. One car slid on an ice patch and I was only able to dodge it by jumping into the five-foot snow bank on my right. I arrived to school shivering, soaking wet and livid.

So thanks for opening on Friday, AU! Conditions were certainly safe for students to commute!

• OK, CLEARLY SG is just using the snow as an excuse for Founder's Day being postponed. We didn't hear anything about it until AFTER the storm, and if they actually had their shit together, we would have known about a Feb. 20 date well beforehand. Especially if it was at an awesome venue like the OPOP. SG Fail.

• Are there any rants for 'rents, or do we only get to read them, for the 47k?? EDITOR'S NOTE: Rants are for everyone in the AU community!

• Dear Worried Girlfriend- I'm sorry to hear that about your boy and all but I was just wondering ... DON'T YOU HAVE FRIENDS?! THIS IS EAGLE RANTS NOT FLIPPING EAGLE DATING ADVICE!!! Seriously woman.

• Science labs are definitely more than one credit worth of work. This is bullshit.

• This paper needs the AU Threesome back, ASAP. So not worth the read anymore

• With Metro on the fritz it is like a third-world-country around here! Time for a heated third rail.

• Communist douche in my govt. class ... enough with your asinine comments, smug demeanor, and tendency to state the obvious. Nothing you say will make seem important. And how the hell does Avatar being banal have anything to do with public goods theory???

• I don't like you romantically either, I just want to get in your pants again.

• Re: evolution rant response: I feel like a monkey would be too sophisticated for those kinds of life forms. Eradicating them from the gene pool might be the best decision.

• Does American University support slave labor? You decide.

• Dear On-Campus Students, We're so sorry you were subjected to ATV shows during the Snowpocalypse. We hope you've somehow managed to survive, and one day, with lots of therapy, can get over such a traumatic experience. Stay strong. Love, Off-Campus Students

• First, fuck u to AU for starting school again on a friday. Second, fuck you AU again for not observing President's Day. EDITOR'S NOTE: Share your Friday commute stories with Eagle Rants.

• CollegeACB is ridiculous. I hope it goes the way of JuicyCampus.

• My roommate has the. worst. timing. ever.

• I'm so glad the awning in front of the bookstore collapsed. It was unattractive and dysfunctional. Many a time I had water pour down the back of my neck coming in/out of the side door to the Tavern. Let's build the next one better, AU!

• If I was a man, I would want to be Nick Hendra.

• Mother nature, seriously...fuck you

• Why do you ride the elevator DOWN from the third floor?!? Two flights down isn't that difficult.

• To the girl dry humping her boyfriend near the Eagle Express ... everyone saw your butt crack

• RE: "Dear Eagle: IF AU cared about Haiti (which I'm convinced we don't) why aren't we allowed to donate our library and parking fines to relief? CASJ member

A disgruntled CASJ member? Shocking. Not a bad idea, but I dislike the attitude. 1) Get over yourself, O Self-Righteous Holier Than Thou Liberal. 2) It's hard for a corporation (such as AU) to "care" about something. This doesn't mean that we, as individual students, faculty and staff, do not care about Haiti. 3) Can't speak for the parking fines, but even though Haiti lies in ruins, the library still needs funds.

• To the girls behind me at the AU/Bucknell game who spent most of the game trashing the team and having the DUMBEST conversations ("I'm, like, a make-out whore")... Really? Don't bother showing up to games in the future. You just ruin it for the rest of us.

• Girl in Butler/MGC elevator: "The Eagles should win because you realize they get PAID to come here. And we pay part of their salaries. They owe it to us to win." What a horrible attitude to come to games with. I hate the sense of entitlement on this campus, especially from the undergraduate population.

• I hate friends of convenience. If you don't want to spend time with me, let me know. I'll be much less offended and quite wasting my time on someone who doesn't seem to care one way or another.

• I wonder if pretending to be less crazy, make me more crazy or less crazy??

• I wish the boys I knew had more balls, they could get most of the girls they want but they just don't have the 'cajones' to do it.

• Gentleman, Ladies at American University can appreciate effort. We've probably already put it in trying to find you in this sea of estrogen.

• Why hadn't I ever heard of the AU Examiner before the Snowmageddoon? I would be a convert... if they had Eagle Rants.

• I was overjoyed to hear that the awning collapsed. That thing was always one of the most egregious examples of how American University spends money on completely useless shit. I hope the mounted plasma TVs in MGC are next.

• I keep thinking I'm over you, but then I see you again and it all comes rushing back. Can we please end this? I need to concentrate on something other than you

• The printer in Hughes is a piece of shit. Someone needs to take a bat and put it out of its misery

• DOES ANYONE REALIZE THAT SOMEONE COULD HAVE BEEN CRUSHED BY THAT CANOPY?! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

• I heard members of the basketball team are responsible for the 3 a.m. fire alarm last night. Seriously guys - it's bad enough that we have to watch you guys get your asses kicked every weekend, please don't make it worse by waking us up.

• Hey singles: stop bitching on Valentine's Day.

• College ACB may just be the most terrible Web site I've ever seen. What kind of sick fuck decides to create a gossip hub where people can anonymously bash each other? If you read or post on that site, seriously have some morals and get a fucking life.

• So I saw that the men's basketball team lost a 5 point lead in 9 seconds - it takes some serious skill to be that terrible.

Rant here!