D.C. sports will satisfy all sports fans

AU is not the only hot bed for sports this year. Washington, D.C. boasts some of the most (and, if we're being honest, least) successful teams on the East Coast. The city will be able to provide something for everyone, whether it is the NFL, NBA, NHL or MLB.

Washington Capitals

Last season, the Caps established themselves as the toast of Washington. They finished second overall in the Eastern Conference behind the Boston Bruins and first in their division. Even though they lost to the eventual Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins, it is still comforting to know that league MVP Alexander Ovechkin resides in the District. The playoffs also showcased young goalie Semyon Varlamov, who displayed he can be a regular starter even at only 21 years old.

Caps games are easy to get to and it's not hard to find cheap seats at Verizon Center. Live NHL games are a must see, especially when you get to see some of the league's best like Ovechkin and Alexander Semin.

Washington Wizards

Maybe it's best to keep visits to the Verizon Center limited to Caps games, unless you happen to be a die-hard Wizards fan. Last year, the Wizards finished last in the Eastern Conference, no easy feat considering they had to finish worse than the Knicks. In an attempt to bolster their roster for the upcoming season, Washington traded their first round draft pick, No. 5 overall, to the Timberwolves for Randy Foye and Mike Miller. The veteran core of the team returns with Gilbert Arenas and Antawan Jamison.

Arenas is not the player he once was. In the '08-'09 season, he had a solid year, but he's no longer one of the top guards in the league. The fans that have stuck with this team should be commended for putting up with so many setbacks. Looking on the bright side, there's no place to go but up.

Washington Nationals

The Washington Nationals have quickly become baseball's biggest joke. They have by far the worst record in the league, their minor leagues are not full of big-time prospects, their stadium is embarrassingly empty for most games and they have yet to sign their first round draft pick Stephen Strasburg.

To the untrained eye, there are no reasons to go see this team play, but with further inspection a terrible team has a lot to offer a sports fan. Besides being conveniently close to its Navy Yard Metro Stop, Nats games are cheap.

Want better seats but do not want to pay a hefty price for a bad team?

The easy solution is to buy some cheap seats and move down, it is probably the best part of having such an empty stadium. Nationals Stadium is also new and in good shape, as it has not seen much wear and tear since it's opening. So grab yourself a Nats dog and make the most of Adam Dunn striking out four times.

Washington Redskins

While D.C. fans can find a reason to get behind the dirt cheap Nationals, it is difficult to get behind the extremely costly and mediocre Washington Redskins.

The Capitals may be D.C.'s best sports franchise, but deep down in the hearts of fans, this is Redskins country. Unfortunately the Redskins have found an owner who can spend a ton of money without bringing any success.

The Redskins have been moving in a more positive direction of late with quarterback Jason Campbell. In a move that owner Dan Snyder has become infamous for, the 'Skins signed defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth to a $100 million deal. Ideally, Haynesworth's presence in the Redskins defense can help push them over the top and get them to the playoffs, but history has shown money cannot fix the teams problems.

Not much can beat going to a game at FedEx Field, but it's not easy or light on the pocket to get seats to a game. It may just be best to take the cheaper route and scream at Dan Snyder from the comfort of your own home.