Thumbs Up ... Thumbs Down ...

Thumbs Up To... AU's snow removal - Thanks to the diligent and hardworking staff who helped dramatically reduce the number of us who fell unceremoniously on our butts. Eagle staff experience with busting up ice proves that it is no cakewalk. It takes hard work, time and effort. For those of you living off campus, get tread chains or golf shoes or something to save yourself from slick sidewalks.

The Chicken Dance - Because the prospect of 48,000 drunken schmucks doing the Chicken Dance (see The Scene's article on page six) at the same time seems like a sight to behold. The Chicken Dance is the only song on Earth worse than Disney's "It's a small world, after all." So bad that it's good.

Figure Skaters on the cover of The Washington Post - It's not too often that these lovely ladies get the national spotlight. These girls are about 16 years old and skate for about six hours a day. That's like being a Division I athlete in high school. So that's impressive regardless of whether they fell down alot. Altogether they performed admirably, and that's admirable.

Thumbs Down To... The Job Market - Which sucks. Old people can't get jobs because they "have too much experience" and it costs too much to employ them. Grads can't get jobs because they have no idea what they're doing and can't displace the mid-bracket yuppies. As students poised to be new grads we should probably develop proficiencies in manual labor. Don't get your hopes up - it's a dingy world out there.

Gov. Rod Blagojevich, D-Ill. - What an idiot. What epic hair. We're torn. Skipping your own impeachment trial to cry "witch-hunt" on national television. The hair. Thank you Rod Blagojevich for bringing some much needed hilarity to our lives. You still get the thumbs down.

Sadness - Sometimes the cold and the winter weather just sucks. Yeah, the snow was pretty two days ago, but today it looks like half-digested beefaroni rotting in the grass. And oh how it dampens our spirits. God, please bring back spring, with sunlight, vitamin D, Frisbee and skin.