Letter to the editor: CR funding not a big concern

I was appalled to read that Will Haun is once again whining about the loss of funding for his precious College Republicans. The College Republicans have complained year after year about their lack of funding despite the fact that they are one of the most generously supported clubs on campus. This year the CRs decried another of these dastardly cuts, brought to you by the liberal media or some other liberal conspiracy. What Haun fails to realize is that both the AU Democrats and the AU Republicans receive the same amount of funding, yet the AU Democrats are larger than the AU College Republicans.

Indeed, the AU CRs really are nothing more than a raging band of lunatics caught up in some sort of delusional masochistic desire for a victim complex. No surprise, considering that they're a bunch of lily-white yuppies straight out of Agrestic, Calif., or some other hermetically sealed McMansion suburb. We tolerate these errant fools and dangerous morons out of a commitment to "free speech" or some other fuzzy feel-good liberal platitude. But what we should realize is that these people truly are deranged and that we should not reward their idiotic ramblings with front-page space. If Will Haun wants to whine about the "injustices" of club funding let him do so - to his mom over the phone.

Andrew Dobbyn Sophomore, SPA and CAS