Police blotter

Monday, Jan. 2

A Public Safety officer discovered that someone had written the American University logo in black marker on a wall in Anderson Hall.

The phrase "Tammy is the woman" was discovered written on a different wall in Anderson Hall, also with black marker.

A student reported than an A, an E and another illegible character had been spray painted on her door in Anderson Hall.

Wednesday, Jan. 4

A staff member at the Child Development Center reported that an emblem had been drawn or sprayed in green paint on Leonard Hall's northern exterior wall.

A university staff member reported that green paint had been sprayed across the trunk of a vehicle in the McDowell Parking Lot. It was determined that the owner of the vehicle was away for winter break and photos were taken of the damage.

Thursday, Jan. 5

A university-owned vehicle was damaged in a collision while refueling at a gas station off campus. A tow truck backed into the vehicle while the door was open. Photographs were taken of the damage.

Friday, Jan. 6

A staff member reported that a digital camera had been stolen from her unsecured office in the Brandywine Building.

Saturday, Jan. 7

An officer discovered that multiple emblems had been sprayed on the rear of Bender Arena with red and green spray paint.

Sunday, Jan. 8

An officer found graffiti on the exterior walls near the lower level west side stairs of the McKinley Building.

Monday, Jan. 9

A physical plant staff member reported graffiti on the rear and on the alley side of the Physical Plant building.

Tuesday, Jan. 10

Officers discovered spray painted letters on the south entrance of the Watkins building.

A staff member reported that an office in the McKinley building might have been entered unlawfully. An officer responded, but nothing in the office appeared out of order.

Wednesday, Jan. 11

An individual in Congressional Hall reported that he was injured and needed medical attention. The subject was examined, but refused medical transport and was sent on his way.

A staff member reported that a suspicious person was wandering the halls of the Katzen Arts Center. The area was canvassed but the person was not found. Nothing was stolen or damaged.

A student was stuck in an elevator in McDowell Hall. The Metropolitan Fire Department was contacted, and the student was released.

Thursday, Jan. 12

An officer found graffiti on the north and west sides of Leonard Hall.

A man reported that while exercising at the Jacobs Fitness Center, his locker was broken into and his wallet was stolen. The locker room was canvassed, and a report was written.

Friday, Jan. 13

An officer on patrol discovered graffiti on the Kreeger building.

A resident assistant in Congressional Hall reported that a visiting student was possibly suffering from alcohol poisoning. The student was transported to Sibley Hospital.

Saturday, Jan. 14

A student reported that he had not seen his friend, also a student, in over 24 hours. A welfare check was conducted, but the student could not be found. The student's RA attempted to reach him on his cell phone, but was only able to leave voice messages. After 24 hours, the Metropolitan Police Department was informed that the student was missing.

A student reported being assaulted by another student at Park Bethesda. A witness and other parties involved were contacted, and the case was turned over to the Montgomery County Police Department. AU Public Safety will be informed of any arrests that may be pending.

A staff member reported multiple alcohol violations in a room in Capital Hall. The students were uncooperative when asked to provide identification, and one student was reprimanded.

Sunday, Jan. 15

An intoxicated student was transported from Anderson Hall to Sibley Hospital.

While attempting to provide admittance to an office in Hurst Hall, an officer's key broke off in the lock. The lock and key are both slated for replacement.