All thumbs

Thumbs up...

Pittsburgh Steelers... They were the sixth seed in the playoffs, and now they'll play in their sixth Super Bowl. Big Ben had a big game and the defense brought the Steel Curtain down on the Broncos.

Swim Team Wins Big.. Congrats to the men's team on trouncing Georgetown on Saturday. Three seniors won in their final home meet.

Pura Vida's X-plosions... If you have not experienced one yet, put it at the top of your list. We hear Beanilla is to die for.

Thumbs down...

West Wing Cancelled... After seven years, NBC announced it was ending the show. Not to fret, AU. You can buy the DVD's or petition the school to subscribe to BRAVO for the reruns.

Word choice in press releases... In mourning the death of an adjunct by electrocution, the university said they were "shocked." Remember your teachers' old addage: "check your work."

Facebook Blocked?... Rumor has it that AU has talked about shutting down access to Facebook because employers could use it to find embarassing information about applicants. With all due respect, AU shouldn't be concerned with what we post.