Police blotter

Saturday, Oct. 30

A Public Safety Officer reported that the taillight of a Public Safety vehicle had been damaged while it was parked outside of the Department of Public Safety. Photos were taken and a vehicle repair request was submitted to the university.

An RA reported a drug violation in a room in Anderson Hall. Public Safety arrived, and did a field test on drug paraphernalia found at the scene. The paraphernalia tested positive for marijuana, and was confiscated.

Two students became trapped in an elevator in Capital Hall. They were freed unharmed by the D.C. Fire Department.

Monday, Oct. 31

The fire alarm went off in the President's Office Building at 12:01 a.m. Officers responded and found no sign of smoke or fire, but did report that the building was extremely humid.

One student became trapped in an elevator in Capital Hall. They were freed unharmed by the D.C. Fire Department.

Aramark staff reported confronting an unidentified male in the Bender Library several hours after closing. Public Safety searched the building, and found no one matching the description provided.

A staff member reported that her credit card had been stolen from her purse in Gray Hall. Fraudulent charges had been made using the stolen card.

An AU shuttle bus driver reported that a privately owned vehicle had collided with the bus. Medical personnel, the Metro Police Department and the D.C. Fire Department responded to check for injuries. None were found, a report was filed and all units were cleared.

A member of the president's staff reported that someone had thrown eggs at the president's residence. A report and photos were taken.

A student appeared to be having an epileptic seizure in Mary Graydon Center. When Public Safety arrived, officers reported the student seemed confused. The student was transported to Sibley Hospital.