Police blotter

Monday Sept. 26

A fire alarm was activated in the financial aid building at 12:43 a.m. Public Safety canvassed the area, and the D.C. Fire Department was called in. Smoke was detected, but there did not appear to be any flames. The cause was determined to be electrical in nature, and related to electrical work being done inside the building.

While patrolling, a Public Safety officer discovered that there had been an attempt to pry open the rear entrance to the Kreeger Music Building. On further investigation, the front door was found to be unsecured.

A staff member reported that two laptops had been stolen from two offices in Ward Circle Building. A report was filed.

A student reported that her EagleBucks account had been used fraudulently at various food vendors. A report was filed.

A tree limb fell onto a student outside the Battelle-Tompkins Building. An ambulance responded and the student was transported to George Washington Hospital. Pictures and statements were taken.

A commercial bus caught fire on Nebraska Avenue behind the SIS building. The bus was safely evacuated, and the DC Fire Department responded. No injuries were reported.