Police blotter

Friday, Sept. 16

A staff member reported that another staff member was refusing to leave an office in Mary Graydon Center and was being combative.

A Washington Semester student reported that her wallet had been stolen from her room in Capital Hall.

Jacobs Fitness Center staff reported that there was a suspicious person in the area. Officers responded, but did not see the suspicious person.

Saturday, Sept. 17

Staff reported that graffiti had been drawn on a poster on the second floor of Anderson Hall. Public Safety said it is likely this event was a hate crime.

An intoxicated person, unaffiliated with the university, was found lying on the sidewalk in the Letts-Anderson Quad. The individual was transported to Sibley Hospital.

A student telephoned Public Safety from the Tenley Metro Station regarding another student who appeared to be suffering from alcohol poisoning. Public Safety responded, and the student refused medical assistance.

An individual broke into a room in Letts Hall and stole two bags. Public Safety canvassed the area, with negative results.

Sunday, Sept. 18

A driver reported that two males were throwing objects at his vehicle and yelling. Officers made contact with the individuals, a report was taken, and one individual was barred from campus.

The front desk staff of Leonard Hall reported that a student had collapsed in the lobby. The student was transported to Sibley Hospital.

Library staff discovered graffiti in the elevators of Bender Library. Aramark was contacted to remove the graffiti.

Monday, Sept. 19

A student reported that another student had passed out on the Terrace level of McDowell Hall. The student was transported to Sibley Hospital.

An officer reported that a boot on a vehicle in the Beeghly Parking Lot had been tampered with.

A second unconscious student was transported from the Terrace level of McDowell Hall to Sibley Hospital.

An individual in a wheelchair suffered a knee injury near the Glover Gate and required transport to Sibley Hospital.

Tuesday, Sept. 20

A fire alarm was falsely sounded in Anderson Hall at 4:23 a.m. Public Safety has classified this false alarm as "malicious."

An AU employee rolled her ankle, with no evidence of any lasting injury. A report was taken.

A student reported that his EagleBucks account had been used to make fraudulent charges to different food vendors.

An officer observed an unknown individual in Mary Graydon Center begging students to buy him a meal at TDR. The officer escorted the individual to the Public Safety office, and the individual was barred from campus.

A student injured his knee while playing sports on the Reeves field and required a transport to Sibley Hospital.

A student reported that his bicycle seat was stolen from his secured bicycle in front of Bender Library.

A student reported that an unknown individual had tried to gain entry to her apartment at Park Bethesda. A statement was taken, but the individual was not found.

An AU student reported that her parking permit was stolen from her car, which was left unlocked in the Centennial Garage.