Police blotter

Tuesday, April 19

An accident report was filed after an AU shuttle driver discovered that the shuttle had a broken mirror. When pressed for information, the driver said he did not know how the damage occurred.

Wednesday, April 20

An informational report was taken from a library staff member. A female student reported to the staff member that she had caught a male student going through her bag. The male student ran off when confronted, she reported.

A female student reported that her EagleBuck$ account was fraudulently used off campus.

Two individuals assaulted three students while attending a Wednesday concert in Bender Arena. The two attackers, who were not AU students, were arrested and charged with simple assault. Two students required a transport to Sibley Hospital as a result of the assault.

At the same event, a male concert-goer shoved a Public Safety officer. The attacker was escorted out of the building and barred from campus.

Thursday, April 21

A student became stuck in an elevator in Letts Hall. The D.C. Fire Department was contacted and the student was freed.

Two Public Safety officers were escorting a student from an event in Bender Arena when another student appeared and punched them both. The student was removed from the event by the Metropolitan Police and taken to the Second Precinct headquarters.

A student in Federal Hall reported that her door and threshold area had been smeared with food. A report and photographs were taken of the defaced doorway.

Graffiti of indeterminate origin was discovered on the emergency Blue Light phone located outside Hughes Hall. Aramark was called and removed the graffiti.

An officer observed students lighting fireworks and throwing them from their window in Congressional Hall. The officer responded by advising the students of University policy, which bans fireworks. They ceased their activity.