All Thumbs

Thumbs Up

Pandas on Campus ... These plaster pandas bring up the aesthetic quality of walking through the Quad to class. The other side of the coin: Having to maneuver around pandaphiles on your way to Ward Building.

New planets found ... They're only 51 light-years away. No word yet if AU Abroad plans to expand its World Capitals program to a Galactic Capitals program.

Ben Ladner's 'town hall' speech ... Sure, his speech was mostly predictable, but the fact that he came to campus to talk directly to students shows an interest in everyday campus affairs that Ladner doesn't often demonstrate.

Library renovations ... Finally Bender Library enters the 21st Century, with a new easier-to-use set-up. Hopefully the next step will be increasing the size of our book collection.

Stronger on-campus Internet firewalls ... Computer viruses are probably inevitable. That said, every bit of prevention helps.

O.R.G.Y. Week ... Attendance to O.R.G.Y. events and class gift voting was high this year. Yeah seniors.

Thumbs Down

More fire alarms ... As of press time, the south side of campus has endured an astounding 11 fire alarms in just two weeks of class.

Poor advertising for O.R.G.Y. Week ... We wish we could tell you how fun this year's O.R.G.Y. week was. Unfortunately, not all of us even realized it was going on. If you're going to have an O.R.G.Y., you've got to invite people.

Intramural field ... The arsenic is gone, but senior field hockey and lacrosse players are still waiting for the new Astroturf field that was promised to them as freshmen.