Ralph, do democrats a favor and stay home

Nooooooooooooooooo! He's back again, folks. Ready to sap votes in as many states as he can make the ballot in. Does Ralph Nader have nearly the amount of support that he had before? Could he possibly think that he will win the election? Is this a movement to advance our country toward progression? Is a Kerry or Edwards presidency so disturbing that we must throw our votes into an independent instead of pragmatically defeating a man we agree is overstepping his bounds?

Let's discuss the potential for success in Nader's current movement by analyzing the chances it has of accomplishing its goals. Nader wants to create a "third party" that is another choice in the realm of American political debate. He wants to build a movement so that Americans have another option besides the Democrats and the Republicans.

This seems legitimate. But this time, good old Ralph is out to create his new alternative to the two party system - himself. Nader leaves no party behind him, no future in front of him. If he manages to make waves as an independent, I would credit his cultist egotism far more than the so-called inspiration encouraged by his left-wing platform.

The New Democrat has tried to create a bridge between the fringe of the party and the loyal centrists. If Nader wanted to unify the left, why did he not run in the primaries for the party? He could have garnered a fair amount of attention.

Nader's attacks on the Democratic party fall flat on their own. He paints the party as inept and powerless in its quest to quell the president's plans. Then he proceeds by weakening them even more. This man is not incredibly logical.

The emerging Democratic majority cannot crush itself. Separately, Democrats will not be able to ensure decent judges and an edge on women's rights, education, personal freedoms, and the individual democracy of the American people. A single candidate with representation that is not compatible to our system of government only fractures a movement.

Keep the run of the new progressive Democrat going by strengthening his or her party. Make sure Gavin Newsom sticks to his guns. Applaud at John Kerry's opposition to the death penalty. Hammer Bush in a way he never saw coming. From every swing voter for women's rights to each and every moderate out there with a conscience, we must vote out a president that has shown us aggressive foreign policy, bad education plans and discrimination against homosexuals. George W. Bush must go. Think before you pull the lever.