Processed with VSCOcam

AU closed on Jan. 21

Update 1:45 p.m.

Bender Library will be closing at 3 p.m. today due to the weather, according to an AU Alert issued at 1:44 p.m.

TDR will close at 7 p.m. tonight due to inclement weather.

Update 11:54 a.m.

The Kennedy Political Union event with Rep. Elijah Cummings will be rescheduled to a later date instead of this evening due to the University’s closing, according to the KPU Facebook page.

Update 11:26 a.m.

AU shuttles will stop running at 1 p.m. due to because of heavy snowfall, according to an AU Alert issued at 11:23 a.m. Shuttle services for Jan. 22 will be announced tomorrow.

The Jacobs Fitness Center will close at 9 p.m. tonight, according to the alert.

Update 12:11 a.m.

AU released the on-campus services that will be available tomorrow at 11:56 p.m., according to the AU website. Services include:

• Terrace Dining Room (TDR) will open at 7:30 a.m., but all other food venues on campus will remain closed.
  • AU shuttle will start running at 6 a.m. on a limited schedule subject to change with weather conditions.
  • Bender Library will be open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. unless conditions worsen.
  • And Jacobs Fitness Center will open at 8 a.m. tomorrow.

Original story

AU will be closed on Jan. 21 due to expected snow accumulation. Services on campus will be limited, according to an AU Alert sent at 11:12 p.m.

An update with full details on campus closings will be sent out, according to the alert.

The closing came after the National Weather Service issued a winter storm warning lasting until 11 p.m. tomorrow.

The city is expected to get between five and 10 inches of snow, according to a prediction by the Washington Post. Snow greater than eight inches could potentially stop above-ground Metro rail service, according to the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority website.

Rail and bus service may be delayed or canceled if weather conditions worsen, according to a WMATA weather advisory.

Staff writer Paige Jones contributed to this report.

Still mourning that one show that was cancelled before you could see how it ends? Couch Potatoes co-hosts Sara Winick and Sydney Hsu have you covered as they discuss all the series that shouldn't have ended when they did.