TDRstock.jpg

BREAKING: Boil water advisory shuts down campus dining facilities

University to distribute bottled water on campus

All American University Kitchen operated dining facilities will be closed until further notice due to a boil water advisory imposed by the D.C. Water and Sewer Authority Wednesday afternoon, according to an email from University Chief Financial Officer, Vice President and Treasurer Bronté Burleigh-Jones.

The advisory affects much of Northwest D.C., stretching from the Glover Park and Cathedral Heights neighborhoods up to the border with Maryland. It also includes the Washington College of Law and 4200 Wisconsin Ave. NW.

Dining facilities were scheduled to close for the spring semester later today. 

The Davenport Coffee Lounge announced on Instagram that it will not be serving drinks with ice or cold water until further notice. The Bridge Cafe has not yet announced any menu or schedule changes.

The email encouraged all community members to “follow the precautionary guidance offered and boil water used to drink, brush your teeth, or prepare meals. When boiling, bring water to a rolling boil for one minute, then allow to cool. Avoid using drinking fountains.”

Burleigh-Jones also said that the University is working to provide bottled water on campus, and will provide additional guidance on distribution in addition to other changes.

This article was edited by Abigail Hatting, Tyler Davis and Abigail Turner. Copy editing done by Luna Jinks.