NEBRASKA

BREAKING: Student reports assault, armed robbery at shuttle stop

Incident took place across from Nebraska Hall

An American University student was assaulted and robbed by three people, one of whom was armed, at the AU shuttle stop in front of the Department of Homeland Security at approximately 9 p.m. on Nov. 28, according to an email from Assistant Vice President for University Police & Emergency Management Phil Morse.

The Metropolitan Police Department is currently investigating the incident, and the subjects “appeared to be three males in grey hooded sweatshirts, one was armed with a firearm, and then all of whom fled the scene in a gray sedan,” according to Morse.

Any community member with information about the incident is encouraged to call AUPD’s emergency line at (202) 885-3636 or the Metropolitan Police Department at 911.

Morse shared tips for community members to stay safe on campus, including that community members use the AUPD escort system and the RAVE Guardian Safety App. Morse also recommended the AU shuttles as a safety resource, despite the incident having occurred at the Nebraska Hall shuttle stop.

This is a developing story and will be updated as more information becomes available. 

This article was edited by Jordan Young and Abigail Pritchard. Copy editing done by Luna Jinks.

ikravis@theeagleonline.com