Untitled design-10.png

Looking for special dinner plans for your significant other or gals this Valentine’s Day?

The Eagle has got you covered with the best restaurant deals in DC

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, meaning that soon enough, American University students will be gifting chocolates, flowers and cards to their friends and significant others to spread the love. However, if gift giving isn’t your love language, here’s a list of restaurants to spend quality time having dinner with a special someone or friend this Valentine’s Day.  

Pizzeria Paradiso 

If you’re looking to give your loved one a romantic Valentine’s Day treat without breaking the bank, Pizzeria Paradiso is a great choice. There are multiple locations across the city, with one in Spring Valley, only a ten minute walk from campus. You can order your partner a Valentine’s Day heart shaped pizza for $18. This is a great way to show your affection through cheesy deliciousness. 

Station 4

For a flexible option in terms of doing a brunch or dinner, Station 4 is a perfect choice. They are a modern American bistro located by the Georgetown Waterfront, offering Galentine’s Day brunch and dinner specials Feb. 11 and 12 with a $55 per person bottomless brunch and $75 per person dinner. From Feb. 11-14, Station 4 is also serving Valentine’s Day bottomless brunch and dinner specials with the same prices as the Galentine’s Day deal.

Via Sophia

This modern Italian restaurant located only a few blocks from the White House is perfect for a more luxurious meal. Their four-course prix fixe Valentine’s Day menu is $69 per person with a delicious array of flavors and dishes, from ravioli doppio to budino for dessert. Vegetarians should know the menu is meat and fish heavy, and the regular menu will not be offered on Valentine’s Day.

Immigrant Food+

Searching for an eclectic place for the special day? Immigrant Food+ was started by Michelin star chef Enrique Limardo and blends together popular cuisines from America’s immigrant populations while partnering with NGOs in D.C. advocating for immigrant rights. On Valentine’s Day, they are serving a three-course tasting menu with options for vegetarians and pescatarians. 

Founding Farmers

If you’re thinking about staying in for Valentine’s Day but would still like to treat yourself and your partner to a special meal, Founding Farmers, which has three D.C. locations, has a Valentine’s Day offer they are labeling as a “decadent dinner,” that can be ordered for pickup. The prices range from $120 to $240. In addition, Founding Farmers is also offering three-layer mini cakes or chocolate and hand-dipped strawberries, which can be ordered separately. 

Bistro Cacao

Finally, for a glamorous Valentine’s Day dinner, Bistro Cacao has labeled themselves as one of the most romantic settings in D.C. A French restaurant located on Capitol Hill, the Valentine’s Day menu is priced at $140 per person and is five courses. Their menu includes options like pan-seared halibut as a main course or champagne-poached pear for dessert, with one to four options per course. 

Whether you are looking for a delicious brunch with your galentines or a luxurious and romantic dinner with your boo, these are a wide array of choices that allow you to take advantage of the diverse cuisine D.C. has to offer. 

This article was edited by Annmarie Melsheimer, Kylie Bill and Nina Heller. Copy editing by Isabelle Kravis, Stella Guzik and Sophia Rocha.

klalonde@theeagleonline.com