AUSG-01.PNG

Elections Commission announces fall 2022 Undergraduate Senate and School Council election results

908 students took to the polls this election

Editor’s note: Taraji Ellington, Aaron Russel, Emily Brignand Ava Falkenrath and Hannah Langenfeld were not involved in the writing, editing or reporting of this story.

The Student Government Elections Commission released results in the fall 2022 Undergraduate Senate and School Council elections today. The results were certified by the outgoing Senate in a meeting earlier this evening.

The election took place from Monday, Oct. 24 at 12 p.m. to Wednesday, Oct. 26 at 12 p.m. Candidates running in contested races were profiled Monday by The Eagle.

All election result recommendations were certified by the Elections Commission and at a Special Senate meeting held Wednesday evening.

Here are the results. Unlisted positions had no winner.

Senate, At Large: Denia Smith ended up with the most votes with 487 people voting for her. Alex Edgcomb, Ava Falkenrath, Denia Smith, Noah Gocial and Salvatore Cottone each received a percentage of the remaining votes and were also elected as senators at large. 

Senate, Class of 2026: Aru Rastogi, Benjamin Piccarillo, Richard Young, Reilly Jackson and Ty Burrell received the highest number of votes to fill the five open Senate seats for the Class of 2026. 

Senate, Class of 2025: Jack Bosshardt, Katharine Lewis, Sebastian Tucker, Tyler Dougherty and JJ Dimino were elected to the Senate for the Class of 2025. 

Senate, Class of 2024: Chandler Eby, who ran unopposed, was elected to be a Senator of the Class of 2024.

Senate, Class of 2023: Colton Pikovsky, who was a write-in candidate, was elected as a Senator for the Class of 2023.

Senate, College of Arts and Sciences: Arusa Islam received 99 votes to be the representative for CAS in the Senate. Islam ran against Sebastian Winter.

Senate, School of International Service: Leva Amoui was elected as the Senator for SIS. Amoui ran against Karla Rodriguez. Amoui and Rodriguez received 65 and 61 votes, respectively.

Senate, School of Public Affairs: Braeden Watkins was elected to the Senate seat for SPA. Watkins received 132 votes and ran against Ryan Nolan, who received 110 votes.

CAS Undergraduate Council:

Taraji Ellington and Naila Morris, Co-Presidents

Madelyn deVega, Vice President of Arts and Humanities

Aaron Russel, Vice President of Sciences

Jacob Calderon, Treasurer

Jack MacCallum, Secretary

Each person on the ballot for CAS Undergraduate Council received the votes needed to be elected the positions they were running for listed above.

Kogod School of Business Undergraduate Council:

Isabella Bouvard 39 votes to become the President of Kogod School of Business Undergraduate Council. No one was elected to the rest of the positions of this council.

School of Communication Undergraduate Council:

Hannah Langenfeld, a declared write-in candidate, won the election to be the President of the School of Communication Undergraduate Council. Lexi Rogers received 63 votes to be elected Vice President of SOC Undergraduate Council. Julia Comino and Ethan Benware were also declared write-ins that have been elected to treasurer and secretary respectively. 

School of Education Undergraduate Council:

Emma Garry, President

Brian Kramer, Vice President

Qudsia Saeed, Treasurer

Anaiyah Smith, Secretary

Each person on the ballot for SOE Undergraduate Council received the votes needed to be elected to the positions they were running for listed above.

School of International Service Undergraduate Council:

Marissa Harrold, President

Emily Brignand, Vice President

Josie Zucker, Treasurer

Lucy LaVigne, Secretary

Each person on the ballot for SIS Undergraduate Council received the votes needed to be elected to the positions they were running for listed above.

School of Public Affairs Undergraduate Council:

Madyson Brown, President

Ethan Gaskill, Vice President

Jackson Dietz, Treasurer

Paulina Tes, Secretary

Each person on the ballot for SPA Undergraduate Council received the votes needed to be elected to the positions they were running for listed above.

oaustonbabcock@theeagleonline.com, mkonjoyan@theeagleonline.com