Sunday, June 16, 2024
District Of Cinema - Cover Art-02.png

District of Cinema Episode 24: Films About Food

The trio has fun discussing all things food, from what they eat at the theaters to delicious movies they enjoy

Spenser, Koz and Tristan go off the rails about the snacks they enjoy at the theaters and the best films that explore food. Koz reveals her obsession with moss and Spenser does the same with rocks. Tristan questions how normal it is for Koz to bring a pepper grinder into the theater for her popcorn. He also doesn't know how to pronounce "Campbells."

Films Referenced: The Andy Warhol Diaries, Grand Budapest Hotel, Tampopo, Don't Look Up, Howl's Moving Castle, Parasite, James and the Giant Peach, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, The Princess and the Frog, Beauty and the Beast (1991), Mulan (1998), Ratatouille, Stuart Little, Ratatoing, Matilda, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, After Yang, The Mask, Gone Girl, Alice in Wonderland (1951), Cinderella (1950), Koker Trilogy (1987-1994).

This episode was produced by Chloe Irwin.

tau@theeagleonline.com, okozlevcar@theeagleonline.com and shoover@theeagleonline.com

In this grand finale, hosts Sydney Hsu and Sara Winick say their goodbyes and give updated lists of their current favorite shows. Listen along and compare the new lists to those from the very first episode! 

To all the loyal listeners, it has been a great run, but all good things must come to an end. However, just like some of your favorite TV shows, a second season is never truly out of the question.