Brunch at Kramers

Five breakfast spots to try around DC

Where to go for bagels, brunch and more!

For those wanting to explore new places around the city, here are five delicious breakfast/brunch spots to try. Each has something different to offer and all are located in various parts of D.C., perfect for seeing everything the city has to offer. 

Call Your Mother Deli 

To start, we have Call Your Mother Deli, a breakfast spot with locations in Georgetown and Park View that serves delicious photogenic bagels. A personal favorite of mine is the “Sun City” bagel, served on an everything bagel with eggs, bacon, cheese and hot honey. If you’re not into the classic bacon egg and cheese, they also have plenty of other options on their menu, as well as the option to make your own combination on a bagel from the provided toppings and spreads. As for wait times, be sure to check for busy hours or order ahead on their website

Kramers

You can’t name a better combo than brunch and books, and Kramers offers just that. Located right off the Metro stop in Dupont Circle, Kramers has a bookstore in the front and a restaurant in the back. Kramers offers a wide array of new releases and accessories as well as meals such as avocado toast, chicken and waffles and eggs benedict. Although the brunch menu at Kramers is great, they have excellent lunch and dinner options as well. Be sure to go on a Sunday to check out the Dupont Circle farmers market before or after your meal.

Unconventional Diner

Unconventional Diner has a seasonal menu and is located down the street from the National Portrait Gallery near Logan Circle and Mount Vernon Square. You can get here on the Metro’s Red Line with one transfer onto the Green Line in Gallery Place. Brunch is served every day until 4 p.m., and the loaded breakfast biscuits are a must try. If you plan on coming here on the weekend, make sure to look ahead and make a reservation as they fill up quickly.

Ted’s Bulletin 

Ted’s Bulletin is another option for brunch close to Logan Circle, easily accessible through the Red Line on the Metro. Famous for their homemade poptarts, Ted’s Bulletin has a large diner-inspired menu and huge portions with meals sure to leave you full and happy for the rest of the day. 

Kitsuen

Kitsuen is a Black-owned Japanese-inspired eatery on H Street, serving up amazing asian fusion brunch options on Saturdays and Sundays. From Omurice (fried rice omelette) to a Japanese fried chicken breakfast biscuit, they have a multitude of creative options for those wanting to escape run-of-the-mill omelettes and french toast options. Located in the bustling H Street corridor accessible through the redline at the Union Station stop, it stands a short bus ride away from the capitol for those looking to visit attractions after brunch. 

From Kitsuen’s fusion brunch to the staple bagels found at Call your Mother, each place has something for every palate. 

life@theeagleonline.com