9295212060_43bdccef84_b.jpeg

With the DC music scene reopening, here are four concerts to get you back to live music

Late July and August concerts you can look forward to this summer

After over a year of quarantining and social distancing, live music is finally back. As of June 11, restrictions for indoor capacity limits have been lifted entirely in D.C., meaning bars, clubs and music venues can now open up at full capacity. With this, here are 4 concerts you should attend this summer.

July 21 Japanese Breakfast 

Michelle Zauner, the front woman of the band Japanese Breakfast, is currently on tour for her third album, “Jubilee.” The album features her hit song “Be Sweet,” which has over 6 million plays on Spotify. Zauner executes and modernizes her indie rock sound with electro-pop influences in her latest record, creating an eclectic, avant-garde piece. If you enjoy Soccer Mommy, Snail Mail or Lucy Dacus, Zauner could be your next favorite artist.

Japanese Breakfast is playing at the Fillmore in Silver Spring, Maryland on July 21 at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $28 and can be found here

July 23 DIPLO

Iconic DJ, record label owner, and music producer Diplo is known as the mastermind behind DJ group Major Lazer and for collaborations with various Top-100 artists including Dua Lipa, Noah Cyrus, Sia and Justin Bieber. With a newly released album, the music producer is touring the country, stopping in D.C. on the first leg of the tour. If you’re looking through this list for a concert you can dance your heart out at, this is the one.

Diplo is playing at Echostage on July 23 at 9 p.m.Tickets start at $65 and can be found here

July 24 MEDUZA

Italian electronic music production trio MEDUZA is known best for their songs “Lose Control”, featuring Goodboys and Becky Hill, and “Piece of Your Heart.” The house music trio generated success from these releases with the latter reaching No. 1 on Billboard’s Dance Chart Upstart and a Grammy nomination in 2019. Since 2019, the group has produced remixes for artists including Dermot Kennedy, Ritual and John Legend, displaying their classic upbeat and bold electronic sound in every track. 

Meduza is playing at Echostage on July 24 at 9 p.m. Tickets start at $39 and can be found here.

August 7: The Backseat Lovers

Utah based rock band The Backseat Lovers are most notable for their song “Kilby Girl” from their debut album released in 2019. The band was unable to tour for their album until now following the coronavirus pandemic. With a classic indie rock sound, it’s hard not to adore The Backseat Lovers if you’re a fan of alternative rock. If you listen to The Kooks, Briston Maroney or Peach Pit, you’ll enjoy this band. Not only is the band highly rated, but so are the drinks and food at Union Stage, a newer D.C. venue. 

The Backseat Lovers are playing at Union Stage on August 7 at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $18 and can be found here

While live music has just opened up, there are more concerts scheduled for late September and October. If you’re ready to get out and experience new music after a year without live music, these concerts are for you. 

jschwartz@theeagleonline.com