IMG_5146.jpeg

Rounding up YouTube’s best at-home workout videos

We’ve compiled a list of short and easy at home video workouts that don’t require any equipment

Trying to find the time and motivation to work out is never easy, and it’s even harder when most gyms are still closed, due to the coronavirus pandemic.

In the past year with the pandemic, YouTube home workout videos have become all the rage, with creators finding new ways to achieve their fitness goals that don't require a trip to the gym. We’ve rounded up five of the best at home YouTube workout videos to help you attain your fitness goals or get yourself moving. All of the videos listed are only 20 minutes or less, making it easier to fit into busy semester schedules.

If you’re looking for summer abs, Chloe Ting is your best friend in her quick 10-minute ab workout.

Chloe Ting, a YouTube and TikTok fitness trend-setting sensation, is sure to not disappoint when it comes to getting results, as seen by the countless testimonies over the last year sharing results guided by Ting’s home workouts. Packing 21 exercises into only 10 minutes, Ting’s “Get Abs in 2 Weeks” workout is sure to leave you feeling strong by the end. Full of easy moves geared toward newcomers to fitness, this workout covers not only your basic crunches, but introduces you to newer moves like Spider-Man planks and Russian twists. 

This video is part of Ting’s two-week shred challenge, which you can find by going to her website, or you can use this workout alone to attain your goals.

Looking to pair your abs with toned legs? Ting has you covered here too. 

In her 12-minute lower body workout, Ting covers 19 simple exercises that are sure to leave you feeling the burn. These workouts don’t require any equipment — bands are optional — and are effective using only body weight. This workout is perfect for beginners.

Ting’s glute targeted workout is a collaboration with Bret Contreras, a leading expert on the science of glute muscle growth. This workout is the longest on this list at 20 minutes, but it’ll leave you feeling satisfied by the end. Consisting of five exercises, equipment is optional but not necessary to complete these exercises.

If you’re looking for a more advanced ab workout, Pamela Reif is guaranteed to challenge you.

Consisting of 18 exercises, Reif challenges even the most seasoned gym-goer in her 10-minute workout. Full of complex exercises, such as oblique crunches, jack knives and starfish crunches; Reif encourages participants to push past their limits by not including rest time between exercises.

Since this workout is a little more intense than the others, it’s always a good idea to make sure that you stretch to warm up and cool down before straining your muscles. If you’re looking for a super short and simple full body stretch, check out this easy 5-minute full body stretch by Maddie Lymburner.

Looking to tone your arms? Look no further than Blogilates’ 15-minute weightless arm workout.

In this 10-exercise workout you’re working your arms through muscle burnout, meaning that instead of lifting heavy to get your gains, you’ll be achieving them by simple repetition of body-weight movements. Cassey Ho’s fun personality makes these 15 minutes fly by, and reminds us that we don’t need a gym to get toned arms.

Sometimes just finding the motivation to get off the couch is the hardest thing about working out. But finding motivation isn’t always as hard as it seems; working out with a friend, even over Zoom, is a great way to stay consistent. And with these lively, simple and short at-home videos, there’s no need to dedicate a lot of time in your day to complete a boring work out; it’s just as simple as pressing play.

whansen@theeagleonline.com