Tuesday, March 19, 2024
Ana Navarro Graphic (002).jpg

Ana Navarro, GOP political strategist and TV analyst, to speak at virtual event

KPU and SOC will co-host the CNN analyst

GOP political strategist and television analyst Ana Navarro will discuss the future of the party and covering D.C. at a virtual event hosted by the Kennedy Political Union and the School of Communication on Thursday. 

SOC professor Jane Hall will moderate the Zoom discussion, which will focus on how the GOP plans to move forward after the 2020 presidential election and the loss of the Senate and White House. Navarro will also speak about her experience covering D.C. for CNN, CNN en Español, Telemundo and her position as weekly co-host of “The View.” 

Navarro worked for former Florida Republican Gov. Jeb Bush as his director of immigration policy, and later became then-Sen. John McCain’s Hispanic Advisory Council campaign co-chair during his 2008 presidential run. 

During and after the election of former President Donald Trump, Navarro joined a group of prominent Republicans, termed “Never Trumpers,” who strongly criticized Trump and campaigned against him within the party. She later tweeted that she was voting for Joe Biden in the 2020 presidential election.

Admission to the event is free for all students upon RSVP, according to a KPU press release. It begins at 7 p.m. on March 4. 

dpapscun@theeagleonline.com

Hosts Sara Winick and Sydney Hsu introduce themselves and talk about their favorite TV shows. This episode includes fun facts, recommendations and personal connections.