Mary Clark served as interim provost in 2018.

Deputy Provost Mary Clark leaves position after 18 years at AU

Clark is set to become the provost at the University of Denver

Deputy Provost and Dean of Faculty Mary Clark will leave her position to become the provost and executive vice chancellor at the University of Denver, Provost Dan Myers announced in a campus-wide email Tuesday.

“We are terribly sad to see Mary depart; she is a wonderful and valued member of our community,” Myers wrote. “Mary’s commitment to our educational mission, our faculty, and our students shines through in all her efforts.”

Clark has been a faculty member at AU for almost two decades, beginning as a professor at the Washington College of Law in 2002. Since then, she has served as senior vice provost and dean of Academic Affairs from 2014 to 2018, interim provost in 2018 and deputy provost and dean of faculty since 2019.

“AU will always have a special place in my heart. AU has been my home for almost 20 years, it’s where I grew up as a faculty member, it’s where my sons quite literally grew up, and where my family was enormously well cared for in our darkest hour.” Clark said in Myers’ email. 

According to Myers' email, Clark said that one of her proudest achievements at AU included her work to increase diverse hires of AU faculty as well as her contributions to the Changemakers for a Changing World strategic plan.

Prior to joining AU, Clark worked at Yale Law School, and previously was a Supreme Court fellow at the Federal Judicial Center and an appellate attorney with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

Clark is set to leave her position on June 30.

aveitch@theeagleonline.com