012720_brothersandsistersfoodreview.jpg

The best of Washington D.C.’s Restaurant Week

Eight great restaurants to check out

From cool, hip joints to modern and sleek restaurants, the DMV region had some of the most exciting menus this winter during D.C. Restaurant Week, which took place from Jan. 13 to Jan. 19. Your route to happiness this month begins with these restaurants, from one who boasts a killer egg and waffle to another who honors a chef’s Turkish heritage. All Restaurant Week participants had fixed menu prices, with breakfast and brunch priced at $22 and dinner priced at $35. Here are eight standout restaurants during D.C. Restaurant Week that you should check out. 

B Too

B Too is the perfect place for brunch with some friends. With its open kitchen and modern style, this eclectic diner on 14th St. serves the most buttery and eggy breakfast options. Their light, fluffy waffles would have anyone running back for more.

Where: 1324 14th St. NW, Washington, DC 20005

How to get there: Take the Red Line from Tenleytown to Farragut North. Walk down K St. towards the direction of 14th St. Once on 14th, pass Thomas Circle Park and B Too will be on the left. 

Sababa

The word Sababa, Hebrew slang for “great or cool,” is said to express enthusiasm and satisfaction. This restaurant is the ultimate location to experience a true melting pot of distinct cultures and cuisine. It offers tangy and flavorful Middle Eastern-inspired dishes. Sababa creates the ideal savory-sweet mixture with an assortment of small plates that are guaranteed to fill you up.

Where: 3311 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008

How to get there: Take the Red Line from Tenleytown to Cleveland Park. Walk down Connecticut Ave. towards Woodley Park’s direction. At the end of the block, it is on the corner of Macomb St. NW. 

Brothers & Sisters

Erik Bruner-Yang’s all-day restaurant and bar Brothers & Sisters made its first emergence in Adams Morgan’s Line Hotel. This innovative chef adds international accents to American fare, with a menu of flavorful curries topped on jasmine white rice, fresh Penang noodles and apple buckle.

Where: 1770 Euclid St. NW

How to get there:  From Tenleytown, take the 96 bus to Adams Morgan. Get off the bus at 18th St. NW and Columbia Road NW. With a one-minute walk, the Line Hotel is around the corner from McDonald’s.

Doi Moi 

$22 lunches are the best Restaurant Week deals, and this is certainly true at Doi Moi. This slightly upscale restaurant offers a thrilling fusion of Southeast Asian cuisine. Doi Moi is ideal for foodies who want to skirt the open kitchen and get a first-hand view of the chef’s culinary craft. Consider Doi Moi’s version of the Cambodian Fish Amok or the Gang Makua Ratatouille (varied vegetables in a butternut squash curry over jasmine rice with garnished herbs).

Where: 1800 14th St. NW, Washington, DC 20005

How to get there:  From Tenleytown, take the 96 bus towards Meridian Hill Park. Get off the bus at U St. NW and 14th St. NW. From there, Doi Moi is a three-minute walk.

Silver New American Brasserie

This loveable local diner participated in Restaurant Week this winter, offering an irresistibly fresh, earthy Tuscan Burrata bowl paired with a Crème Brûlée. This in-demand eatery never fails to satisfy your inner cravings with a varied menu and affordable prices. With a welcoming atmosphere and friendly staff, Silver appeals to all age groups from five to 105. 

Where: 3404 Wisconsin Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20016

How to get there: From American University, walk down Massachusetts Ave. NW and take a left onto Macomb St. NW. Go straight until you reach Cactus Cantina and turn left. Silver New American Brasserie will be across from the CVS Pharmacy.  

Agora

If you are looking for a hip, low-lit spot for Turkish meze, look no further: Agora charms in its atmosphere, lively scene and diverse dishes. Celebrated for its collection of anise-flavored Turkish raki, Agora will cater to your need for offbeat eats in midtown D.C.

Where: 1527 17th St. NW, Washington, DC 20036

How to get there: From American University, take the N4 down to Dupont Circle. Get off at Connecticut Ave. NW and Dupont Circle. Walk five minutes to reach your destination.

Rasika

Rasika showcases modern and authentic Indian cuisine, with contemporary décor,

striking Indian art and eye-catching ceilings. Rasika’s colorful plates like Tandoori salmon, vegetable thali and potato gohbi mattar tikki exhibit Chef Sunderam’s progressive take on modern Indian cooking. For a refined, pleasing and stimulating journey, Rasika is a must.

Where: 1190 New Hampshire Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20037

How to get there: From American University, take the N4 down to Dupont Circle. Get off at Connecticut Ave. NW and N St. NW. Walk seven minutes to reach your destination.

Sushi Taro

Chef Nobu Yamazaki’s Restaurant Week menu for Sushi Taro — which appears the same for lunch and dinner — includes perfected traditional Japanese sushi rolls that melt in your mouth. Yamazaki spices up this sushi joint by throwing in seasonal rarities such as amberjack, a seasonal Japanese fish, to distinguish his cuisine from others. Kaz Sushi is yet another great option for an authentic, flavorful journey.

Where:1503 17th St. N.W., Washington, DC 20036

dknafo@theeagleonline.com