Jaymes Young Concert Preview Image.jpg

Jaymes Young to perform hits from chart-topping album “Feel Something”

The indie pop singer will bring unique melancholy, techno sound to U Street Music

Singer Jaymes Young is set to perform alongside electronic musician Phil Good on Nov. 24 at 7 p.m. at U Street Music Hall as part of his “Happiest Year” tour.

At 27 years old, Young has already made a name for himself in the music world. He was named by Rolling Stone as one of the “10 New Artists You Need To Know” in 2017.

Young brought his live performances on the road in 2017 as he embarked upon his first-ever, sold-out, North American tour as a headliner called the “Feel Something Tour.” Following this tour, he joined alt-pop duo Oh Wonder on their “Ultralife Tour,” which included stops at L.A.’s Shrine Auditorium and back-to-back shows at NYC’s Brooklyn Steel.

Young’s debut album “Feel Something,” released in 2017, has over 525 million streams worldwide and has gained critical acclaim from publications such as Time Magazine, Rolling Stone and Billboard.

Hits off of Young’s EP, “Dark Star,” include “I’ll Be Good” and “Infinity.” His sound experiments with pop and techno elements, while his lyrics provide more of an alternative feel. 

His lyrics surround the heartbreak that comes with relationships and the anguish of leaving someone you love. In his hit single “Infinity,” an electronic melody meets the lyrics: “This love it’ll never die, ‘cause I’ll love you for infinity.” He channels his grief effortlessly through his songs, giving his music a much deeper meaning than what appears on the surface. 

D.C. is the final stop on Young’s “Happiest Year” tour, which started on Oct. 30 in San Diego. 

“Feel Something” is available on Spotify and iTunes. Tickets for Jaymes Young’s concert at U Street Music Hall at 7 p.m. are available here.  

sharrison@theeagleonline.com