Athletics flag stock photo.jpg

Athletic department uses new engagement platform

Teamworks will keep athletes connected to academics

American University’s athletic department has now partnered with Teamworks, an athlete engagement platform that is used by both collegiate and professional organizations.

Teamworks will allow the department to better connect with and assist the student-athletes through a variety of features. According to Deputy Director of Athletics Josephine Harrington, it will provide organizational and communication tools to streamline department processes with the goal of making staff more efficient in their roles.

“Teamworks is a unique service that encompasses many features,” said Harrington. “It was the only platform that could deliver the academic, communication and organizational tools in one application.”

Per the press release put out by Teamworks, AU Director of Student Success and Student-Athlete Support Ashley Rozendaal said, “We are thrilled to partner with Teamworks to provide our student-athletes an innovative approach to their academic success. Teamworks will provide our students a platform they can utilize as they balance their academic and athletic responsibilities, and more importantly as they travel and compete nationally.”

The platform has individual and group messaging, calendars and itineraries to connects the student-athletes, staff, tutors and faculty all in one place. The department will be able to review tutor reports, grades, attendance and more.

Features such as sending and digitally signing forms and location requests are available as well.

In the press release, AU Director of Athletics Billy Walker said, “Through the tapestry of connectivity provided by Teamworks, our department will become more efficient and effective. We are proud and excited to be partnering with a company that shares our focus on improving the student-athlete experience.”

jwise@theeagleonline.com