James Bay

Singer-songwriter James Bay to play The Anthem Friday

Folk-pop musician Noah Kahan will open the show

Singer-songwriter James Bay will perform at the Anthem at 8 p.m. on Friday, Mar. 8. 

Bay kicked off his “Electric Light” tour in Nashville, Tennessee, on Mar. 3. Noah Kahan, a folk-pop musician, will open for the English singer and guitarist. The pair will make their way across the nation over the course of 20 tour dates, ending in Seattle, Washington, in April. 

Bay is best known for his singles “Hold Back the River” and “Let it Go,” which were both released in 2014. The former was certified platinum before the release of his debut album “Chaos and the Calm” in 2015. 

Bay’s passion for guitar-playing began at age 11 after he heard English rock and blues guitarist Eric Clapton’s “Layla,” and constructed a rusty guitar with five strings out of an old axe that he found in his cupboard. Now at age 28, the guitarist has opened for several acclaimed artists such as Ed Sheeran, The Rolling Stones, Taylor Swift, Hozier and Kodaline. In 2016, he won two Grammy awards for “Best New Act” and “Breakthrough Solo Artist.” 

Kahan is an American singer-songwriter best known for his single “Young Blood,” which was released in January 2017. After opening for Bay, Kahan will also join Dean Lewis’ “A Place We Knew” tour in April for the European and United Kingdom shows.

Bay’s latest album “Electric Light” is available to stream on iTunes and Spotify. Tickets to the show can be purchased here. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. All ages are welcome. 

falbannai@theeagleonline.com