Guests can visit exhibits throughout Georgetown during the GLOW event.

Life After Hours: Dec. 8-10

Erase your pre-finals jitters with fun and festive events around D.C.

If you need a break from studying this weekend, head out into the city for a Christmas-themed pop-up bar, cooking convention and more.

Miracle on 7th Street

Now through Dec. 31, visit the Miracle on 7th Street bar for drinks in Santa mugs, festive happy hours, movie nights and more. Drink Company’s pop-up is in its third year and is known for its impressive transformations, with themes ranging from “Game of Thrones” to Halloween. Entry to the bar is free, so stop by to snap photos in Santa’s sleigh or enjoy an Elf’s Breakfast cocktail. If you don’t celebrate Christmas, there’s also a Hanukkah-themed room.

When: Runs through Dec. 31

Where: 1843 7th Street, NW

Metro: Green/yellow line, Shaw-Howard University Station

Georgetown Glow

Georgetown GLOW kicks off this Friday, as artists come together to showcase unique light installations throughout the neighborhood. A scenic walk along the C&O Canal and Wisconsin Avenue will take you through the exhibition. Afterwards, grab dinner at one of Georgetown’s many delicious restaurants or head to the waterfront for ice skating. Admission is free.

When: Runs through Jan. 7, 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. nightly

Where: Outdoor locations throughout Georgetown

Metro: Take any 30 bus from Tenleytown

Winterfest at Wunder Garten

NoMa’s Winterfest at Wunder Garten is your one-stop shop for all of your holiday needs. Pick out the perfect tree, shop local vendors at the market or cozy up around a fire pit with s’mores and hot cocoa. Winterfest runs every weekend through Dec. 17, with special events including a fundraising event for D.C. animal shelters this Saturday from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

When: Friday, Dec. 8 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 9 and Sunday, Dec. 10 from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Where: 1101 1st Street NE

Metro: Red line, NoMa-Gallaudet Station

MetroCooking DC

The 12th annual MetroCooking DC convention returns to the District this weekend, with special appearances by celebrity chefs Guy Fieri, José Andrés and many more. Sample food from 50 local restaurants, test your abilities at the pop-up cooking school or find the perfect gift for the foodie in your life. General admission tickets are available on their website for $21.50.

When: Saturday, Dec. 9 from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 10 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Where: 801 Mount Vernon Place NW

Metro: Red line, Gallery Place-Chinatown Station

ljakiel@theeagleonline.com