Life After Hours: Oct. 6-8

Spend your weekend at music and food festivals, art exhibits and more

If you’re in the midst of midterms season, take a study break this weekend with an art walk, food festival and other fun activities.

All Things Go Fall Classic 2017

Summer may be over, but that doesn’t mean music festival season has to end. The fourth annual All Things Go Fall Classic will be held at Union Market and features popular acts like Young Thug, Vince Staples, Foster the People, Bleachers and more. Single day tickets are available for $74, while a three day pass costs $169.

When: Oct. 6 to Oct. 8

Where: 1309 5th Street NE

Metro: Red line, NoMa Station

First Friday Dupont

The first Friday of every month, galleries and other spaces in Dupont Circle open for the public to freely walk through, admire the art and meet new people. Participants this Friday include the Heurich House Museum, Hillyer Art Space, Swann Street Gallery and more. Some galleries offer special activities for visitors, like Art Jamz, where for $15 visitors can paint on the walls for an hour and receive a complimentary drink. Admission is free and all locations are within walking distance of the Metro.

When: Friday, Oct. 6 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Where: Various locations around Dupont

Metro: Red line, Dupont Circle Station

Taste of Bethesda

Would it really be a weekend in the District without a food festival? Head to Bethesda on Saturday to enjoy musical performances across five stages and sample food from 60 of the neighborhood’s delicious restaurants, including Jaleo, Community, Olazzo and more. The festival is free to attend, with taste tickets available on-site for $5 for four tickets (food cost ranges from one to four tickets).

When: Saturday, Oct. 7 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Where: Norfolk, St. Elmo, Cordell, Del Ray and Auburn Avenues, Bethesda, MD

Metro: Red line, Bethesda Station

National Cathedral Fall Festival

You won’t have to travel far from AU for the National Cathedral Fall Festival, which is right on Wisconsin Avenue. The Cathedral’s first fall festival is free to attend and features vendors selling jewelry, books and more, as well as food trucks and pumpkin carving. Don’t forget to check out the Cathedral and explore the grounds while you’re there!

When: Saturday, Oct. 7 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Where: 3101 Wisconsin Avenue NW

Metro: Take any 30 or 96 bus from Tenleytown

Opening Weekend: Renoir and Friends

If you’re still in the mood to check out more art after First Friday, the new Renoir and Friends exhibition at The Phillips Collection opens on Saturday. The exhibit features over 40 pieces that help tell the story of Pierre-Auguste Renoir’s famous “Luncheon of the Boating Party” painting. Tickets cost $10 for students and the exhibit runs through Jan. 7.

When: Saturday, Oct. 7 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, Oct. 8 from 12 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.

Where: 1600 21st Street NW

Metro: Red line, Dupont Circle Station

Shaw Farmers Market Dog and Community Days

Stop by the Shaw Farmers Market on Sunday for fresh seasonal produce, homemade baked goods and adorable puppies. The Humane Rescue Alliance will be at the market for anyone wishing to adopt a dog, as well as Shaw Dog Park. The market is free to attend, with vendors including Sweet Crimes, Linda Vista Farm and Homeshed Kitchens.

When: Sunday, Oct. 8 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Where: 925 Rhode Island Avenue NW

Metro: Yellow line, Shaw-Howard University Station

ljakiel@theeagleonline.com