yards-park

Life After Hours: Sept. 30-Oct. 3

Attend a dachshund race, Russian festival and more this weekend

Now that it’s officially fall, spend your weekend exploring a seasonal art exhibit, Halloween pop-up bar and much more.

Weiner 500 at Yards Park

If you’re a dog lover, then you can’t miss the sixth annual dachshund race at Yards Park on Saturday. In honor of the final weekend of Oktoberfest, there will also be a beer garden with food, music, a dog costume contest and more. The race and other festivities are free to attend.

When: Saturday, Sept. 30 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Where: 355 Water Street SE

Metro: Green line, Navy Yard Station

Russian Bazaar 2017

Partake in a celebration of Russian culture this weekend at the Russian Orthodox Cathedral of St. John the Baptist. The event is free to the public and features plenty of homemade food, live music and dance performances, vendors selling unique items and tours of the beautiful church.

When: Sept. 30 - Oct. 1, 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Where: 4001 17th Street NW

Metro: Metrobus lines S-2 and S-4

‘Spirit of Autumn’ at ARTECHOUSE

Explore an interactive new exhibit at ARTECHOUSE DC beginning Oct. 1. ‘Spirit of Autumn’ allows visitors to draw leaves and watch their creations come to life, experiencing the season in an immersive, digital way as they walk through the installation. The exhibit is open to everyone from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., then for ages 21 and older only from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Tickets are $8 for students during the day and $20 in the evening.

When: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m and 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. from Oct. 1 - Nov. 5

Where: 1238 Maryland Avenue SW

Metro: Silver line, Smithsonian Station

P.U.B. Dread Opening

Shaw’s famous changing bar returns this Sunday to Drink Company with a spooky twist. Previously a Game of Thrones bar, the latest pop-up installment will run through the month of October and includes a creepy dollhouse and graveyard, themed drinks and more. Admission to the bar is free, with cocktails averaging $13.

When: Beginning Oct. 1 from 1 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.

Where: 1825 7th Street NW

Metro: Yellow line, Shaw-Howard Station

Takoma Park Street Festival

The 36th annual Takoma Park Street Festival takes place this Sunday, featuring food vendors, local artists selling their work and more. The festival is free to attend, but the purchase of a $10 mug earns you drink discounts at various Takoma bars and restaurants throughout the day.

When: Sunday, Oct. 1 from 10 a.m. to 5 pm.

Where: 7000 Carroll Avenue

Metro: Red line,Takoma Station

‘Death of a Salesman’ at Ford’s Theatre

If plays aren’t necessarily included in your budget as a student, then Tuesday is your chance to catch ‘Death of a Salesman’ at Ford’s Theatre. Oct. 3 is college night, with tickets for students available for $10 with the code MILLERUP.

When: Tuesday, Oct. 3 at 7:30 p.m.

Where: 511 10th Street NW

Metro: Red line, Metro Center station

ljakiel@theeagleonline.com

Still mourning that one show that was cancelled before you could see how it ends? Couch Potatoes co-hosts Sara Winick and Sydney Hsu have you covered as they discuss all the series that shouldn't have ended when they did.