DC Soccer Supplies sells various soccer equipment, training gear and uniforms in Tenleytown.

Where to find athletic wear in D.C.

These stores carrying athletic wear are sure to get your heart racing

Wearing the proper athletic gear is important when it comes to safe and efficient exercising. Sometimes that means having a lucky pair of running shoes or the right pants that are sure to let your thighs breathe, keeping the sweat down there to a minimum. If you manage to look a little fashionable while doing it, it’s a plus! Whether you’re willing to go all out with the big athletic brands or you are looking for something simple that you can find locally in D.C., we’ve got you covered. Here’s a list of some places to look during your next athletic wear hunt.

Fleet Feet Sports

As you can probably guess by the name, this shop is dedicated to runners. However, at Fleet Feet Sports, there is more than just running shoes. Swing by if you’re looking for the proper attire for taking a stroll in the summer heat with tanks and shorts, or prepare yourself for a breeze with half zips and track pants. The store carries popular brands including Adidas, Nike, North Face and Under Armour, and prices tend to range between $30 to $200, depending on what you’re looking for.

Where: 1841 Columbia Rd. NW

Metro: Red line, Woodley Park/Adams Morgan Metro station

DC Soccer Supplies

For all you soccer players out there, this store is for you. Not only can you get whatever equipment and accessories needed for the sport, but also various cleats and training gear. The shop has received generally positive reviews online even though some may say it’s on the pricier side. However, according to the website, what once was a $35 jersey was put on sale for half the price, showing how easy it is to find deals regardless of popular opinion.

Where:4839 Wisconsin Ave. NW

Metro: Red line, Tenleytown Metro station

Pacers Running

Another shop for runners, Pacers Running, carries even more of the accessories needed to get the most out of a weekly jog, or typical 5K. In addition to the usual running shoes and apparel, the store also carries GPS running watches and style options catered to those living in D.C. with D.C. flag gear. This includes the Adidas Adizero Adios D.C. Flag Limited Edition sneakers for $151, so be sure to get them before they’re gone!

Where: 1821 14th St. NW

Metro: Red line, Dupont Circle station

G&T Sports Center

Be sure to visit G&T Sports Center for a place that allows customization of sports wear to cater to you! The store specializes in embroidery and carries gear for various sports including basketball, football and soccer, as well as other apparel that is suitable for the gym.

Where: 3913 14th St.

Metro: Yellow and green lines, Georgia Ave. Petworth station

Take advantage of the sun being out and run on over to grab your gear today.

cjames@theeagleonline.com