Guests can visit exhibits throughout Georgetown during the GLOW event.

Weekend Scene: October 1-2

From Oktoberfest to Bowie, there’s plenty to do in DC this weekend

Summer is officially over, and cooler weather is here. You may miss hanging by the pool, but look on the bright side: you can finally go outside for more than ten minutes without being drenched in sweat! Take advantage of the nice weather and check out some of these great events happening in neighborhoods all over D.C. this week.

Taste of Bethesda and Georgetown

This year’s Taste of Georgetown will see more than 30 Georgetown restaurants setting up shop along the waterfront, while Taste of Bethesda will have 60 restaurants to choose from at the Woodmont Triangle. Georgetown tickets are two for $10, Bethesda’s are sold in bundles of four for $5.

When: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday October 1

Where: Woodmont Triangle and K Street NW

Metro: Bethesda on the Red Line; Georgetown is not near a metro, but the festival is offering a partnership with Lyft.

D.C. Beer Week

D.C. Beer Week continues with events all over the city, as well as Maryland and Virginia. This weekend features Oktoberfest and local beer themed events. There’s even a bike ride brewery tour, if you’re still able to bike after a few pints.

When: All weekend

Where: Silver Spring, Shirlington, and bike ride around Adams Morgan and Dupont Circle

Metro: Silver Spring and Woodley Park are on the red line, while Shirlington is only accessible by car.

Adams Morgan Porchfest

Be a true stoop kid, alongside a few thousand of your closest friends, as you listen to music on porches in Adams Morgan. More than 40 bands will be playing, with plenty of food vendors also on hand. Admission is free.

When: 2-6 p.m., Saturday October 1

Where: Adams Morgan

Metro: Woodley Park on the Red Line

Takoma Park Street Festival

Head up to Takoma Park to check out live music, discounted drinks and hundreds of vendors selling art, crafts, food and clothing. Admission is free.

When: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday October 2

Where: Takoma Park

Metro: Takoma on the Red Line

‘Labyrinth’ at the Hirshhorn

Pay tribute to David Bowie on the 30th anniversary of his cult classic movie Labyrinth by attending a screening of the film at the Hirshhorn’s Ring Auditorium. Admission is free, so put on your glammest outfit and check it out.

When: 3 p.m. on Saturday October 1

Where: Hirshhorn Museum

Metro: L’Enfant Plaza on the Yellow and Green lines

ewilliams@theeagleonline.com