Flatbread

The Weekend Scene: Jan. 22-24

If you can make it out of your room, The Scene has great recommendations for your snowy weekend.

Don’t let the impending snow storm get you down. The Scene wants you to get out of your rooms this weekend and explore everything D.C. has to offer. Grab your friends, a jacket and your snow boots, because the snow storm won’t keep students indoors.

Washington Auto Show

Join fellow automobile enthusiasts at the District’s ten-day auto show, showcasing hundreds of brand new and vintage cars. The event includes more than 700 new models from over 42 manufacturers, VIP tours, live painting of art cars, visits from sports personalities, family fun zones and a beer garden. Brands on display vary from Jaguar, Toyota, Ferrari and BMW. Tickets are $12 for adults.

When: Jan. 21-31

Where: Washington Convention Center, 801 Mount Vernon Place

Metro: Mount Vernon Square/ 7th Street Convention Center, Yellow Line

*Check www.washingtonautoshow.com for weather updates and schedule changes

Bethesda-Montgomery County Restaurant Week

There is no better way to enjoy the culinary experience of Maryland and D.C. than through restaurant week. Participating restaurants will offer a prix-fixe $18 lunch and three course $36 dinners. Some AU favorites that are participating include Cafe Deluxe, Raku, Founding Farmers and many more. You can find all of the menus online, and reservations are highly recommended. 

When: Jan. 22-31

Where: Throughout Bethesda-Montgomery county

Metro: Varies

The Glass Menagerie

Family relationships, classic history and an evening to remember...Ford’s Theatre’s “The Glass Menagerie” features all of these elements and more. Check out “one of the greatest American plays” this weekend for opening night. The audience follows a southern matriarch and her two children as the drama unravels and the children start to come into their own identities as grown adults. Ticketing prices and show times vary.

When: Jan. 22- Feb. 21

Where: Ford’s Theatre, 511 10th St. NW

Metro: Gallery Place/Chinatown, Red Line

1K Wine and Beer Walk

The Washington Wine Academy will host its 1k Wine and Beer Walk, for those 21 and older. The event includes samples of 20 wines or 20 beers, ending in a celebratory dance party. You can register solo, or get a group of friends together to register as a team. The event also includes a few food samplings from various Crystal City restaurants. It will be a race like no other.

When: Jan. 23, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Where: Crystal City Shops, 1750 Crystal Drive

Metro: Crystal City, Blue and Yellow lines

aweg@theeagleonline.com

Follow @ArielleWeg