The Weekend Scene Sept. 11-13

The Weekend Scene: Sept. 11-13

The Scene knows the days of warm weather and summer tans are coming to a close. As classes come to full swing, the sad realization of summer’s end has probably already hit you. But before you store away those shorts and bury yourself in assignments, finish summer with a bang by checking out the following awesome events.

Rosslyn Jazz Festival

Join a mix of D.C. locals and tourists for a night to remember at the Rosslyn Jazz Festival. You can enjoy good food and a variety of Mexican fusion music from headliners Troker and DJ G-Flux, all while overlooking the Potomac river atop the tallest building in the D.C. metropolitan area.

When: Friday, Sept. 11, 6 p.m.

Where: 1812 N. Moore St. 33rd Floor

Metro: Rosslyn, Orange Line

9/11 Pentagon Memorial

Commemorate the anniversary of Sept. 11 at the Pentagon Memorial by honoring victims, fallen heros, rescuers and their families this Friday. A closed ceremony will be held at 9:30 a.m., but the memorial afterward is open to the general public.

When: Friday, Sept. 11

Where: 1 N Rotary Rd., Arlington, VA

Metro: Pentagon, Yellow Line

Curbside Cook-off

Food lovers rejoice! The 5th annual Curbside Cookoff returns with delicious cuisines, chef battles and bake offs. From food and fashion to an array of entertainment, the family-friendly event has something for everyone. Vendors will include Vietnamese Bonmi Sandwiches and Bowls, Saucy Bites, Curbside Cupcakes and much more. Tickets are available for $8 online.

When: Saturday, Sept. 12, 11 a.m.

Where: 1st and K Street, NE

Metro: NoMa-Gallaudet, Red Line

Columbia Heights Day

For a day of food and live music, join the Columbia Heights Initiative team as they bring back the 10th annual Columbia Heights Day. The fun-filled street party includes charming works of local artisans, a beer garden and a moon bounce. The event will also host a series of community focused activities and involvement from churches, neighborhood community clubs and small businesses.

When: Saturday, Sept. 12, 12 p.m.

Where: 11th Street, NW, from Park Road to Kenyon Street

Metro: U Street, Yellow Line

U.S. Air Force Concert

If you aren’t tired from the beer garden on Columbia Heights day, you should end the weekend with a free concert from military personnel at the National Harbor. The U.S. Air Force Concert will begin at 3 p.m., so grab your blankets and get prepared for an afternoon of entertainment with a variety of genres.

When: Sunday, Sept. 13, 3 p.m.

Where: 165 Waterfront Street National Harbor, Plaza stage

Metro: Southern Ave, Green Line; NH1 bus

jaddison@theeagleonline.com