Valentine’s Day restaurants to excite your night

Those of us lucky enough to have a significant other may feel worried when choosing a restaurant for a Valentine’s Day dinner. I understand that nobody in a relationship would want to jeopardize his or her romance by taking a partner to a subpar restaurant, so here are five establishments that will hopefully aid in your Valentine endeavors– whatever those endeavors may be.

Full disclosure: I have never been in a relationship that has lasted over one night, and therefore, lacked a date when eating at these fine restaurants. But, if given the opportunity to partake in a Valentine date, I hope that someone would lug me to one of the following eateries, which all provide reasonably priced tasty food, large menus and of course mood-setting dimmed lights.

Beau Thai

Where: 1550 7th St., NW

Metro stop: Shaw-Howard U, Green and Yellow Line

Want to add some spice to your night? If yes, then make your way to Beau Thai, a newly renovated Thai restaurant located in Shaw. At this restaurant, you have the option of covering your $11 noodle dish with spices, an option that will not only heat up the night but will also warm up your throat. Your date will never know how little you paid for the meal when he or she takes in the sophisticated environment of the small and intimate tables and Beau Thai’s full bar of craft cocktails, wines and beers.

Pizzeria Paradiso

Where: 2003 P St., NW

Metro stop: Dupont Circle, Red Line

Because everybody seems to enjoy a good pizza and an exposed brickwall, Dupont’s Pizzeria Paradiso may be the safe choice you want. Here, you have the ability to craft your own pizza, and the ability to craft your own pizza obviously equates to the possibility of impressing your date with an amazing pizzeria creation. After wiping away the tears that come from the beauty of your pizza creation, your significant other may want to Instagram the pie. The photo will look wonderfully classic with the unique pizza and its brick wall background. (Do not fear, I see no brick walls obstructing your nightly activities.)

Mission

Where: 1606 20th St., NW

Metro stop: Dupont Circle, Red Line

Chef Rodrigo Albarran Torres runs this authentic Mexican restaurant in Dupont. If the thought of Chef Torres being featured on Food Network’s “Diners, Drive-ins and Dives” doesn’t turn on your date, jokingly break up with him or her and then proceed to point at the menu, which contains exotic selections ranging from Chile Relleno De Frijol Con Queso to a Chorizo Burger. Not only does the restaurant offer delicious food and dessert, but it also has an upstairs loft that holds a private stand-up bar. Although standing may sound tiring at first, I assure you that there won’t be much standing later in the night.

Perry’s

Where: 1811 Columbia Rd., NW

Metro stop: Woodley Park-Adams Morgan, Red Line

Nestled on Columbia Road in Adam’s Morgan strip, Perry’s provides relatively inexpensive sushi and an intimate environment. Nothing is better on Valentine’s Day than sitting next to your partner on a blue couch, scarfing down a rainbow roll. The couch also creates a comfortable environment while eating. Hopefully this isn’t the last tandem couch experience you and your date have that night.

Osman & Joe’s Steak ‘n Egg Kitchen

Where: 4700 Wisconsin Ave., NW

Metro stop: Tenleytown-AU, Red Line

No, I did not run out of restaurants. Some students seem to only value Steak ‘n Egg on Saturday or Sunday mornings. And while I do understand the positive effects that this diner delivers to the drinking community, I also understand the power that a retro atmosphere will have on a significant other during Valentine’s night. Steak n’ Egg’s old-fashioned environment, will leave your partner feeling nostalgic, transporting him/her to a decade where cheap food, small diners and countertop eating were still a thing. This euphoric feeling, along with your order of mouthwatering sausage and biscuits, will keep your partner full and happy and your wallet or purse thick.

frodriguez@theeagleonline.com