Preview: Rock the Tot offers...well, free tots

Napoleon wouldn’t give you his tots? Well, Bar Louie has you covered. On Oct. 9, Bar Louie is hosting Rock the Tot, a national tater tot eating contest. Participants must be at least 18 years old, but the competition is open to anyone who wants to stuff his or her face full of tater tots. You can compete solo or as part of a team of four in a relay style race to the finish.

Perhaps the best part is that there is no purchase or entry fee required. Teams must simply register before 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 9, although space is limited so reserve your spot quickly. There is also paperwork required – as Bar Louie puts it, “You’re eating massive amounts of tater tots in three minutes… of course you need to sign a waiver.” The forms and more information can be found on the event’s website.

Bar Louie created its own playlist of training music for those who are determined to win, which can also be found on the website. Prizes will be awarded, including trophies, gift cards, shirts and a promise of a year’s worth of free tater tots. The top five finalists in the competition will continue to the national competition in Cleveland on Oct. 25. The national champion will be awarded $500, a lifelong supply of free tater tots and the opportunity to attempt to create a new world record.

When: Thursday, Oct. 9 at 8 p.m.
Where: Bar Louie, 701 7th St NW
Metro stop: Gallery Place/Chinatown, Red Line

asrikanth@theeagleonline.com

Still mourning that one show that was cancelled before you could see how it ends? Couch Potatoes co-hosts Sara Winick and Sydney Hsu have you covered as they discuss all the series that shouldn't have ended when they did.