Man sought after indecent exposure in front of Washington College of Law

A man thought to be in his mid-20s indecently exposed himself in front of the Washington College of Law and then fled towards main campus on Oct. 14, according to a Safety Advisory issued by Public Safety on Oct. 15.

“It is unlawful for a person, in public, to make an obscene or indecent exposure of his or her genitalia or anus, to engage in masturbation, or to engage in a sexual act,” according to the lewd, indecent or obscene acts section of the Washington D.C. Code.

Public Safety and the Metropolitan Police Department responded to the incident, but the man had walked away in the direction of main campus prior to their arrival, according to the Safety Advisory.

Public Safety could not comment on any developments or specifics of the case because the investigation is ongoing, said AU Director of Public Relations Kelly Alexander via email. MPD and Public Safety are coordinating an investigation into the incident, Alexander said in her email.

The incident took place at 2:37 p.m. outside the Washington College of Law, according to the AU Daily Crime Log. The crime log also noted that the incident was reported to Public Safety immediately after the exposure took place.

The man who indecently exposed himself was described as 5 foot 11, with a heavier build, curly hair and of middle eastern or hispanic descent, according to the advisory.

The suspect was wearing a black jacket, blue shorts and red shoes at the time the incident took place, according to the Safety Advisory.

“Our priority is always to keep our community safe and informed and that is why DPS notified the community of this incident and provided pertinent safety and situational awareness information,” Alexander said by email.

shogan@theeagleonline.com