DC’s best boozy (and bottomless) brunches for your buck

From its listing as one of Food and Wine Magazine’s best brunch cities to being the birthplace of popular breakfast review blog ““Bitches Who Brunch”:http://bitcheswhobrunch.com/,” D.C.’s love for the morning meal is undeniable.

However, the best kept secret to a capital meal is where to find an affordable breakfast without breaking the bank.

The Scene is serving up some fresh suggestions on cheap boozy brunches around the city.

1. Argonaut – H Street

1433 H St NE
Washington, DC 20002

Argonaut may not have the most extensive menu in the city, but its brunch deal is hard to beat. While the H Street restaurant only serves up four exclusive brunch options – a breakfast platter, eggs Benedict, french toast and steak and eggs – Argonaut makes up for it with its $9 bottomless mimosas. The trek out to H Street can be long, but paying under $10 for all-you-can-drink champagne is definitely worth a trip to Northeast.

Brunch is served 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday.

2. Irish Whiskey Public House – Dupont Circle

1207 19th St NW
Washington, DC 20036

Irish Whiskey Public House hosts one of the best brunch deals in the downtown area. For every $10 you spend, Irish Whiskey offers a complimentary dollar bottle of champagne. And while the restaurant’s brunch menu is moderately priced, a dollar bottle comes with almost every meal. The only catch: if you want to turn your champagne into a mimosa that will run you back $4.95. But don’t worry, Irish Whiskey serves their orange juice in carafes that should last the entire dollar bottle.

Brunch is served 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday.

3. Chadwick’s – Georgetown

3205 K St NW
Washington, DC 20007

Finding a cheap option for anything in Georgetown can seem nearly impossible at times. But tucked into the waterfront, Chadwick’s gives Georgetown brunchers the option to pay $22.95 for both an entree and unlimited champagne. With a menu that features all of the regular staples from breakfast burritos to eggs Benedict, there is an option for everyone. In a part of town where $23 can get you two drinks at most bars, it’s hard to say no to this deal.

_Brunch is served 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday. _

4. Local 16- U Street Corridor

1602 U St NW
Washington, DC 20009

Who says ordering a bottomless brunch means that you have to stick with the same drink all morning? Not Local 16. Customers can pay only $20 and receive not just an entree, but bottomless beverages. For the most indecisive of brunchers, the proof is in the picking. After going bottomless, Local 16 offers a range of drinks that you can switch between throughout your meal, including mimosas, bloody marys, bellinis, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Miller High Life, Tecate or coffee. Pair your drinks with a sausage, potato and egg breakfast pizza, and there is no better way to start your morning.

Brunch is served 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday.

5. Ardeo Bardeo – Cleveland Park

3311 Connecticut Ave
Washington D.C., DC 20008

A brunch at Ardeo Bardeo is a reasonably priced suggestion for anyone looking to be adventurous first thing in the morning. The menu doesn’t feature your normal egg and bacon breakfast. Instead diners can find dishes like Mussels “Cassoulet,” sweet potato-apple soup and pan roasted arctic char. But the drink special is even more unusual for this city. For $27, Ardeo Bardeo serves up bottomless mimosas, a choice of an entree and an appetizer.

kbreitman@theeagleonline.com