Local owner asks for help finding missing dog

A local resident is searching for her missing dog, who was last spotted near AU’s campus.

Havoc, a black dog with tan paws has been missing since Nov. 9, according to his owner Janet Mihalfyi. He was last seen near Reeves Field and the surrounding Massachusetts Avenue neighborhoods, and remains missing as of Dec. 12.

Mihalyfi said she has spent more than 12 hours a day trying to find and bring him home. She recently moved to the area and did not know anyone when Havoc disappeared, she said in an email.

Neighbors and residents have supported Mihalfyi in search for Havoc, creating a Facebook page with almost 700 likes as of Dec. 15.

“[About] 77 complete strangers have reached out to me to see if they can help,” she said in an email.

Volunteers posted approximately 3,000 flyers asking for information or leads on Havoc’s location, Mihalyfi said.

“I get emotional talking about how amazing the community has been,” Mihalyfi said.

If Havoc is seen or found, please call Mihalyfi at 248-755-7594.

“The best thing someone can do if they see him is take a picture, follow what direction he goes in, and call me,” Mihalyfi said in an email.

sruben@theeagleonline.com