Classes in SIS to be moved or cancelled for Kerry visit

Correction appended

Classes held in the School if International Service building will be moved or cancelled on Nov. 21 due to Secretary of State John Kerry and Chinese Vice Premier Liu Yandong’s visit to AU.

Kerry and Liu will speak at AU in the School of International Service Building on Nov. 21 to a small group of invited guests.

The event will close the SIS building from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. that day, according to emails sent to students by the SIS advising department.

Kerry and Liu will be key speakers at the inaugural conference of the 100,000 Strong Foundation. The conference is intended to bring together leaders of the American and Chinese governments, according to the foundation’s website.

The 100,000 Strong Foundation, housed by American University, was created by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton as a result of the 100,000 Strong Initiative of the Department of State.

The organization aims to grow U.S.-Chinese relations through education and business investments, according to their mission statement.

sgaber@theeagleonline.com

Correction: A former version of this article incorrectly referred to the Chinese vice premier by her first name on second and third reference. It has been corrected.