Starbucks to fill vacant McDonald's spot

AU replaces Bon Appétit with Aramark

Starbucks will replace the now vacant McDonald's space in the Bender Tunnel.

Elevation Burger will also arrive as part of an ongoing reform of dining options on campus.

Aramark Higher Education, which also currently manages housekeeping at the University, will also replace Bon Appétit as the new dining management provider, effective June 1.

Chief Financial Officer, Vice President and Treasurer Don Myers and Vice President of Campus Life Gail Hanson announced the change in management to the campus community in an email to students on April 15.

Over the past year, AU's Dining Service Project Team evaluated the University's dining services. During this process, the team received proposals from three vendors.

New changes to meal plans

The program will allow more food retailers on campus to offer preset meals for meal swipes through its new meal exchange program, Chris Moody, assistant vice president of housing and Dining Programs, said.

Additionally, Housing and Dining will expand late-night dining options and hours and increase dining options for vegan, vegetarian, Kosher, Halal and other specialty dietary interests, according to the email.

An open forum will be held April 17 at 5 p.m. in Butler Pavilion to address the training, recognition and development of current dining employees. Additional forums will be held to address specific aspects of the new dining program.

tdalcourt@theeagleonline.com